Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker TKOs His Mother In Norfolk Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to judge without actually walking in his shoes, but still it's your mom how can you kick her out and leave her without a home?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
      Hard to judge without actually walking in his shoes, but still it's your mom how can you kick her out and leave her without a home?
      I guess from the story she's moving in with her daughter.

But, he lost his man card for taking his mom to court.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
        What I want to know is how can someone be so wasteful with cash?

Take note Floyd Mayweather jr, this is you in 10/15years time.
        Can you imagine how much white girl this guy was buying?

Comment

Too much respect for Sweet Pea to rag on him. Sad to hear he's going through financial troubles. Hope it all works out for the best.

Comment

Floyd in 20 years

Comment

He was obviously willing to support her while he was capable, he's just no longer capable. She got to live in a nice home for 20 years rent free, how much do people think he owes her?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                The taxes would be a grand a year or so she could have hit up some other relatives for that and plus im sure she gets some form of social security.

this aint him worrying about her paying taxes this is him needing some quick disposable income but really if he was ever serious about gifting that house to her he would have put it in her name in the first place.
                The article says Zillow.com (a real estate website) estimates the value of the house to be over $370,000. I can tell you from experience that Zillow tends to undervalue; and, in today's market, the house would likely sell for at least that much. Now, I know nothing about property tax rates in Virginia, but I find it extremely hard to believe that a house valued at nearly 400k incurs only one grand a year in taxes. In Florida, for instance, a house at that price would set you back about 4-5 thousand a year in taxes alone, depending on the county.

In very few families can one can expect some regular financial help from relatives, let alone 4-5 grand a year. Mrs. Whitaker might only get about $500 a month from social security, which is barely enough to eat. It would appear that Pernell's mom was living mortgage-free for thirty years. Now her son has hit hard times and the gravy train is over.

What gets me about all this, is how did it have to come to an eviction proceeding? It seems that Whitaker's mom just didn't want to leave. It's crazy, because with unpaid taxes, the state will simply seize the property and evict her themselves...all while Pernell loses the house he paid for. It may sound fucked up that Whitaker took his mom to court (and it is), but it looks to me that he was left little choice.

Comment

Maybe he can let his mother move in with him! Or put her in a retirement home.....help her in some way.

Comment

i can see floyd doing the same thing... but as usual floyd's pot shots his mom!

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
                      He was obviously willing to support her while he was capable, he's just no longer capable. She got to live in a nice home for 20 years rent free, how much do people think he owes her?
                      The article says he bought the house for her 30 years ago. But you're right: if he's no longer able, he's no longer able. No sense in losing the house and all the money he can get for it just because his mom can't listen to reason. Hell, if the house is supposed to be valued at $370,000, Pernell can toss his mother as much of the proceeds as he wants -- say, one or two hundred thou -- and his mom can live well enough for the rest of her days.

Comment

Working...
                      X