Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films of 2012?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think watching Avengers in the movie theater kind of warped my first rating of it. Plus I'm a comic book geek, so that might have skewed my thoughts as well.

I still think it's a kick ass movie, but I'd give it a 8.59 out of 10. Because I'm a douche like that.

Comment

What about Life of Pi and Cloud Atlas?

Comment

Haven't seen em, worth a look?

As for Sweet Pea, I give Scarlett's ass 8.59 out of 10, but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          What about Life of Pi and Cloud Atlas?
          Cloud Atlas will get overrated by the Pseudo's. At best, it should get the 'Blade Runner' treatment in terms of inspiring better movies in the future, with a similar concept.

The movie was way too long (3 hours) because they couldn't find a way to cram in all the different storyline's in a shorter amount of time. You would think there was going to be a big revelation at the end. A 'pay off' if you will, but there really wasn't. Just some sentimental bull**** about events in the past indirectly impacting events in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            Cloud Atlas will get overrated by the Pseudo's. At best, it should get the 'Blade Runner' treatment in terms of inspiring better movies in the future, with a similar concept.

The movie was way too long (3 hours) because they couldn't find a way to cram in all the different storyline's in a shorter amount of time. You would think there was going to be a big revelation at the end. A 'pay off' if you will, but there really wasn't. Just some sentimental bull**** about events in the past indirectly impacting events in the future.
            Thanks. In other words, it was a mix of Inception and Avatar.

Comment

I enjoyed 21 Jump Street and The Campaign.

The Dark Knight Rises was pretty good I thought, Tom Hardy as Bane was great.

Avengers and Promotheus were way overrated in my opinion. Maybe I just prefer when Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America are on their own I guess.

Argo was really good, and I'm looking forward to the end of the year. Flight, Lincoln, Killing Them Softly, Django Unchained, and Silver Linings Playbook.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                Most of the films I've watched this year have been old movies, and, let's face it, Kurosawa and Satyajit Ray piss on anything made today.

But here's what I've seen this year. You can even call me a bias Brit, as some of the best new movies I saw in 2012 were probably, and surprisingly, made in the UK:

You see them dudes in my avatar and sig.........they both are brits(Andrew Lincolin,Tom Hardy). I gotta hand it to England, you guys have some damn great actors.

Christian Bale is one of my all time favorites! He's Patrick Bateman and Batman!!

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - Nice offbeat indie Yank black comedy, featuring Steve Carrell, with Keira Knightley giving one of her least **** performances. Worth a look.
                  Decided to give this a watch based on your review and the trailer...watching it now...looks like it has potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                    You see them dudes in my avatar and sig.........they both are brits(Andrew Lincolin,Tom Hardy). I gotta hand it to England, you guys have some damn great actors.
                    We suck at making movies (generally), but we have some decent acting talent from over here, I gotta agree. It helps, I guess, that we've got stuff like the RSC.

And Jaded, glad to hear it. It's not Citizen Kane, but it's worth a look IMO.

Comment

holy motors is the best thing i've seen so far. rust and bone and killing them softly are good, too.

that's just going by imdb dates. going by british theatrical release dates there would be a lot more to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                      X