Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Sure, if he wrecks himself to make 168 then Ward is a shoo-in. But don't you think it might be better to wait until the weigh-in to see if that's indeed the case instead of just assuming dropping the weight will emaciate him?

Poet
    I agree, I like to wait and see. I am just saying that is the general consensus, which I understand but I am certainly not a believer in following the herd~

Comment

short answer is yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
        Probably cuz he lost of Pascal. And his style is unappealing to many. That would be my guess.
        I've never heard of Ward's style being described as appealing either lol. Still, Dawson is the best fighter in the world at 175 yet it seems he's being considered a push-over. Go figure. And I don't think it's a given that dropping down to 168 will ruin him. I've seen plenty of fighters drop weight classes without a problem. Some don't, but not enough of them for me to simply assume that Dawson will be one of the ones who can't.

Poet

Comment

I've never heard of Ward's style being described as appealing either lol. Still, Dawson is the best fighter in the world at 175 yet it seems he's being considered a push-over. Go figure. And I don't think it's a given that dropping down to 168 will ruin him. I've seen plenty of fighters drop weight classes without a problem. Some don't, but not enough of them for me to simply assume that Dawson will be one of the ones who can't.

Poet
          That's true. But when was the last time Ward lost? Plus, Dawson was not impressive (other against aging Hopkins) in his last few outings. That would be my guess.

And no. Stylistically, Dawson is not easy for Ward.

Comment

That's true. But when was the last time Ward lost? Plus, Dawson was not impressive (other against aging Hopkins) in his last few outings. That would be my guess.

And no. Stylistically, Dawson is not easy for Ward.
            People put WAY to much value on a fighter having an 0. Hopkins, on the other hand, you can beat him.....even beat him easily, but you'll NEVER look good doing it. B-Hop is just impossible to look good against.

Poet

Comment

People put WAY to much value on a fighter having an 0. Hopkins, on the other hand, you can beat him.....even beat him easily, but you'll NEVER look good doing it. B-Hop is just impossible to look good against.

Poet
              True. But he hasn't loss since when? Plus winning the Super 6 propelled him to the next level. That's a lot of exposure.

Comment

True. But he hasn't loss since when? Plus winning the Super 6 propelled him to the next level. That's a lot of exposure.
                And Dawson's only lost once.....

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  No credit for beating Dawson? Really?
                  Dawsons the one who said he would fight at 168 and Ward took him up on it..
                  Dawson has fought MORE FIGHTS AT 160 and 168 than he has at 175.. So I dont think its a problem at all..
                  Dawson out grew 168 SEVEN YEARS AGO. If by some miracle Dawson actually makes the weight he'll probable gas after 2 or 3 rounds. Ward is one of my favs(look below) but this fight is a complete farce.

Comment

And Dawson's only lost once.....
                    So if Ward beats Dawson, then he is very close to P4P (top 1 -3)? No?
                    I don't think it's a pushover fight but Dawson at this weight may not be as effective.

Comment

So if Ward beats Dawson, then he is very close to P4P (top 1 -3)? No?
                      Sure. Absolutely. And if Dawson beats Ward the same applies to Chad. I'm just not convinced the outcome of the fight is given.

I don't think it's a pushover fight but Dawson at this weight may not be as effective.
                      Hence why I want to see what condition he's in at the weigh-in. If Dawson looks like a wraith than yeah I think Ward wins. But if Chad looks to be in great shape then I think it's a dead even fight.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X