Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's KO Win May Become No-Decision, Says NSAC Exec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best part to me was that they reviewed the action upstairs and came to a conclusion that the punch was before the bell. You can't possibly expect me to believe that. They were probably looking at each other like "that guy's acting sucks and he needs to take an L for that alone" lol

Comment

Rigo's stock goes up after this fight because he showed knockout power. Would be awesome to see him versus Hi Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        The best part to me was that they reviewed the action upstairs and came to a conclusion that the punch was before the bell. You can't possibly expect me to believe that. They were probably looking at each other like "that guy's acting sucks and he needs to take an L for that alone" lol
        I love boxing, but everything about the sport is a mess. How is it possible to fuck up a call when you've got video footage, instant replay, and time to judge? Someone explained earlier that Drakulich, the ref, watched the video on the ringside monitor, but didn't put on headphones. (This is true. I saw it myself.) That would explain the error, but it's incredible to me how anyone can screw up like that. The bell obviously had something to do with the situation, so why wouldn't you want audio to make a decision? Just plain idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
          Rigo's stock goes up after this fight because he showed knockout power. Would be awesome to see him versus Hi Tech.
          Not if its switched to a NC. And in general I think showing any more attributes beyond being near invisible & impossible to hit flush in the ring is a problem with getting fights with guys who already see lil upside in fighting you.

Hopefully if this is gonna get turned into a NC cuz this guy is a good actor or cuz the NSAC doesn't care if he's acting at all I just hope they turn around & rematch quick so Rigo can get to beating this guy by the legit 4th round KO or whatever it was going to be & Rigo can move forward in his career & this guy can go fighting bs fights in Mexico to build up his record to 35-1 before getting a 2nd title shot one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Not if its switched to a NC. And in general I think showing any more attributes beyond being near invisible & impossible to hit flush in the ring is a problem with getting fights with guys who already see lil upside in fighting you.

Hopefully if this is gonna get turned into a NC cuz this guy is a good actor or cuz the NSAC doesn't care if he's acting at all I just hope they turn around & rematch quick so Rigo can get to beating this guy by the legit 4th round KO or whatever it was going to be & Rigo can move forward in his career & this guy can go fighting bs fights in Mexico to build up his record to 35-1 before getting a 2nd title shot one day.
            Good point. I was thinking the knockout would help get rid of the "boring" complaints, but an NC will cloud his record and add an * to his record.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              No decision? Should be a DQ.
              Flores also throw after the bell, but to the air like all the round because he was throwing punches to a ghost. Rigo is too much for him and flores knew it. Poor flores. I want to see this ko in a second fight. The way flores was fighting has no chances against rigo.

Comment

Rigo bickily held one hand while the other hit the blows, then hit the chime afterwards!
                I do not know why did not immediately disqualify Rigo?

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  No decision? Should be a DQ.
                  Why? Please elaborate...

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.R. View Post
                    Rigo bickily held one hand while the other hit the blows, then hit the chime afterwards!
                    I do not know why did not immediately disqualify Rigo?
                    without any warning? I seen fighters hold and hit, hit after the break, low blow you to death, hit you with the head, actually use every dirty trick on and off the book, and not get dq. And you want Rigondeaux dq against a guy that, obviously can't hold his jocks, just for the sake of a L on the Cuban record. Some ppl here are pathetic...

Comment

Paulie was right about it, the punch was after the bell, but Flores went full Dirrell

Comment

Working...
                      X