Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxers have you met and how cool were they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvin Hagler , a true gent.
    Sugar ray leonard, met him last month,sharp as a pin
    Tim witherspoon, nice guy,he keep talking
    Richie woodall, nice guy,sharp

Comment

I saw Liam Smith at the Canelo vs GGG III presser. I just asked him briefly if he had anything lined up at the moment and he said no.

Met Adrian Granados multiple times since we shared a common coach. Worked out with him once too. Met his mom once or twice.

Met Fres Oquendo multiple times cuz he was training some clients using my coaches gym. He didn’t have a gym of his own. He was talking about a comeback, but I have serious doubts.

Met Andrei Fonfara once.

Comment

Met Maestro Herrera, Tony Lopez, Loretto Garza, DLH,
        Mike Tyson, Sweet Pea (R.I.P), Shane Mosely, Ray Leonard, Andre Berto, Zab Judah and Chico Corrales (R.I.P). All were cool guys. Met McGregor and the Diaz brothers, i know not boxing.
        Last edited by El_Mero; 01-25-2023, 02:12 PM.

Comment

All the comments seem like all stories where the boxer was cool.

Who has had any bad experiences with a fighter or where you thought they had a bad attitude

Comment

I saw Carlos Palomino on the set of Fists of Steel. I went to see Alexis Arguello as well but they said he was in his dressing room.

My dad met and shook Muhammad Ali's hand when he came to Oahu to try to get his boxing license for the state.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Me and the Champ circa 2016. Very down to earth guy. He cherishes his time with his wife and kids which was cool to see.

Comment

I met Sergio Mora with his lady in a elevator at a hotel in Atlanta in 2015. Cool dude

Muhammad Ali in Harlem in 1991. Just walking down 125th street with my mother. I really didn't meet him. I just was in his presence before he was mobbed by hundreds of people

Comment

I met Luis Collazo, who was training at my gym in Columbia SC before his fight with Amir Khan in 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X