Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest punching featherweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricardo Moreno and Sugar Ramos deserves a mention here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Ricardo Moreno and Sugar Ramos deserves a mention here as well.
      Sugar Ramos def does. I know nothing about the other guy. Ramos killed Davey Moore, that alone is a proof he was a lethal puncher. Even at lw he could crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        Sugar Ramos def does. I know nothing about the other guy. Ramos killed Davey Moore, that alone is a proof he was a lethal puncher. Even at lw he could crack.
        He killed Jose Blanco as well.
        On Moore, the damage done to his brain was caused by whiplash after his head bounced off the bottom rope when Ramos KO him.

Moreno wasn't exactly a world class boxer and whenever he did step up to world level he got beat which takes away from him, obviously, but he was a huge puncher, his record is 60 wins 59 by KO, the one that wasn't by KO was a DQ win.
        Last edited by NChristo; 07-07-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

i'm still wondering why the **** olivares (pronounced "Olives" according to my autocorrect ^ ^ ) is in the top ten of your list

he's not a top ten punching FW
          he's a top 5 punching BW, though.

he was a solid puncher at 26, but did his power really carry to the top ten of the FW division is what you have to ask yourself
          the answer is clearly no

and on to erik morales...
          wasn't even a terrific puncher.
          he was a good hard puncher and a worker who had to break guys down and use his boxing skills and stamina
          but he was NOT a power puncher in this context and doesn't belong ANYWHERE CLOSE to the top ten.

and this is coming from a guy who pitches a tent de pantalon every time erik morales is throwin down

for context,
          juanma lopez was a much harder puncher at 122, and 126 than morales
          he couldn't// cant do much with it, because his idea of sound defensive performance is taking punches on the chin but staying upright and banging his gloves together, and he also doesn't have morales' chin
          but he's a harder puncher than morales could ever hope to be.
          and not a top ten FW puncher in simple power punching terms.

if you aren't going to see it you aren't going to see it
          like magic eye
          but you're wrong if you think morales or olives are top ten FW punchers
          or olivares

Comment

Wilfredo Gomez shouldn't rank anywhere on anyone's best punchers at 126. At 122, he's one of the best punchers ever...but at Feather, he KO'd no one of note, and in fact wasn't even that successful when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i'm still wondering why the **** olivares (pronounced "Olives" according to my autocorrect ^ ^ ) is in the top ten of your list

he's not a top ten punching FW
              he's a top 5 punching BW, though.

he was a solid puncher at 26, but did his power really carry to the top ten of the FW division is what you have to ask yourself
              the answer is clearly no

and on to erik morales...
              wasn't even a terrific puncher.
              he was a good hard puncher and a worker who had to break guys down and use his boxing skills and stamina
              but he was NOT a power puncher in this context and doesn't belong ANYWHERE CLOSE to the top ten.

and this is coming from a guy who pitches a tent de pantalon every time erik morales is throwin down

for context,
              juanma lopez was a much harder puncher at 122, and 126 than morales
              he couldn't// cant do much with it, because his idea of sound defensive performance is taking punches on the chin but staying upright and banging his gloves together, and he also doesn't have morales' chin
              but he's a harder puncher than morales could ever hope to be.
              and not a top ten FW puncher in simple power punching terms.

if you aren't going to see it you aren't going to see it
              like magic eye
              but you're wrong if you think morales or olives are top ten FW punchers
              or olivares
              I told you already, coz he stopped Chacon twice and hurt Arguello. Weak punchers don't do that, y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                Hamed's resume (in the context of Pac's) is open to criticism. But it was hardly a Bum Of The Month parade.
                Im just making the point that it was tougher to look good against the guys Pac faced. Hamed's res is aight but there are many fights he could have taken but knew better.

He could, but with the aid of ROIDS. Keep up with the happenings man. Even the birds know Manny is juicing and has been since the Diaz fight.
                Even as a die hard Mayweather fan I try to stay middle of the road on it until he's proven guilty. I'll only go as far as to say "Its possible".

Comment

Pacquiao has gotta be on this list given how he's moved up.

Comment

You *******s are funny,Hamed used to spar with heavy weights and they used to say his shots hurt so do 1 please,Hamed would lay pac out cold.

Comment

I told you already, coz he stopped Chacon twice and hurt Arguello. Weak punchers don't do that, y'know.
                      I saw the first two Olivares-Chacon fights live. Olivares did hurt the inexperienced Chacon in the first fight and made him quit in his corner. However Chacon was beaten on the scales for the second one and basically just fell apart in the ring. Olivares certainly was a good puncher at 126, but nowhere near the monster he was at 118, and nowhere near the best ever at featherweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X