No announcement yet.

Floyd tax issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    People always talking about these guys money. Since we are on the subject not a single one of these entertainers or athletes has the money that's listed as their net worth. Unless you have access to their accountants or their actual accounts not a one of these dudes has anywhere near that kind of money. We know what comes in we don't know who they pay, what they pay, who they split money with or even what debts they amass. I know this first hand from the msuic world, also Forbes is at best an estimate of earnings based on contracts and inflation. Hell I know a few rappers and singers who practically live off appearance fees and their credit card lines but most mofo's on here would assume they are paid as fk from first impressions.
    I think its because of what we've seen in the past with other boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      I think its because of what we've seen in the past with other boxers.
      Oh, I agree, hence the numerous times I've pointed out on here that people put far too much stake in what's publicly listed as net worth. It's grossly inaccurate and it's gotten entertainers robbed before.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        $100m, even for Floyd (if that's the number anyway) isn't money that you turn down (especially if the matchup is against a 122lb kickboxer with rules that bend to you).

Floyd's not heading to Japan on a freakshow fight for $10m. There's a difference.
        but floyd could do that here in the states lol. unless, its true that he does still have IRS problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          It's not 40% though; the top nominal rate for taxable income above $400k is 39.6% (37% above $500k taxable income under Trump's temporary holiday, but those aren't permanent), but I doubt that Floyd has hardly any money coming directly to him anymore anyway.

Corporate tax rates and LLC tax rates are basically nominally at 20%, and that's before the write-offs/expenses.

50 cent said floyd is on an allowance and gets his money monthly........ he's probably not broke

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
            but floyd could do that here in the states lol. unless, its true that he does still have IRS problems?
            He said he would never fight in MMA or outside of Vegas.

Comment

oh yeah floyd's been testing all year lmao!

Comment

he has a gambling problem

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  Floyd can fight a Japanese 122lb kickboxer at the MGM Grand and make ~$80m? Gtfoh.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                    50 cent said floyd is on an allowance and gets his money monthly........ he's probably not broke
                    50 Cent and Floyd are beefing, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's gotten the whiff of Haymon/Floyd's lawyer convincing Floyd to lock away basically all of his money in investment assets that pay out a regular residual to him (which he supplements with the appearance money and the side businesses).

Comment

Floyd is the Bill Gates of sport. He can afford to pay a 100 IRS bills and still have enough to buy a small island. It would take like 500 accountants 20 years to count his income. People are just jealous. Also, he's black.

Comment

Working...
                      X