No announcement yet.

Roach's 142 proposal......***** move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post

I've already disproved your original post.

Take the L and keep it moving.
    Have you seen the article you posted? The title says: "Pacquiao camp checks out Cotto for possible fight" I guess thats the same as calling someone out.
    I never seen your reply to this though.
    Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    He came up all the way from 106 to 140 and he's a *****.
    If you dont wanna come down a 5 pounds to meet him, what does that make you?
    If they cant make 142, **** it. MP can fight JMM at 140.
    Last edited by KnockMeOut; 05-06-2009, 11:47 PM.

Comment

***** move if they make Cotto or Shane go down to 142, but not a ***** move if its for a fight with Mayweather cause I feel Floyd can make the weight and be healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        No, actually he weighed in at 142. It was originally supposed to be a one-off, and since then, Roach said he wants Manny to stay close to 140 because it's the most effective weight for him.
        I mean I really dont care..........but I can say that some fighters are sensitive to the 7pd diff. I.E.- Cotto @ 140 is not the same as the 47 fighter as Hatton was never effective @ 47.
        Cotto @ Jr. gets knocked out easy
        Maywether is a dif story but he's been up to around 50-52 for the DLH fight

Comment

theres not going to be a problem with weight once the money is right. cotto is under Arum so it looks like a sure thing. Arum wins either way. Plus we'll have to see what else would be in the contract. mandatory rematch for Manny just incase?

manny did look good at 147, but a healthy cotto would be much heavier than that on fight night. so would mosley. roach knows that manny's speed is still there at the higher weight so he'll just be pushing for the lowest catch weight to make the fight as even as he sees fit. a few pounds below the ww limit is a good deal for cotto, but if i were him i'd focus on Clottey and Mosley first.

Comment

If Floyd, Cotto, and Shane all turn down Pac...what does he do next?

And yes, it's a ***** move. Pac fought at 147 and won big. Unless he is admitting he only won because Oscar was a dead man.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              I highly doubt JMM will turn him down.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                I highly doubt JMM will turn him down.
                Yes, he can fight Pac but how big will the fight be if Floyd knocks him out?

JMM fights Floyd next, remember.

Comment

He's running for Congressman havent you heard?

Marquez 3 would always be open and if there arent anymore takers after that, its not bad for him if he retires at that point. It would be healthier for him too.

Comment

And yes, it's a ***** move. Pac fought at 147 and won big. Unless he is admitting he only won because Oscar was a dead man.
                    wrong wrong.wrong.................HBO weights are unofficial..................

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                      I understand weight and the process of cutting and rehydrating.

However, if Pac had never went up to 147, I wouldn't have an issue. But he did and now he needs to fight those fighters there if he wants to make those fights.

I held Mayweather and everyone else to the same standard. I'm not going to change my tune just because its Manny Pacquiao.

Had he never went there, fine, but he did in fact beat a fighter at that weight.
                      He only went to 147 for Oscar and Roach had a pretty good idea Oscar could not make 147 , it was smart match making they were not proving Manny is a WW they picked a high profile fighter and matched him to win they wasn't making a statement to the WW division , Floyd did the same , these two are not true welters when you look at the history of the division they are Jnr Welters , the thing Im calling for is a fair fight and a few pounds is ok but these guys get out weighed by a huge amount at fight time by the big welters like Margo and Williams , just because they can win at WW dont mean they are Welters and thats the reason they want catchweights to make it a fairer fight ,, why are you so against catchweights between special elite fighters that are at both ends of a division scale .

Comment

Working...
                      X