Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would YOU rather be a broke legend or a rich duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Rich and a Legend? Just like Oscar and hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Very true sir. But I have to agree to disagree with you, Joe Louis is one of my favorite boxers of all time and he didnt make crap for $ and Im sure he wouldve fought Max Schelming for free out of pride, honor and country. He also went out of his way just to pay back a corrupt US government that ripped him off. So although I do agree with what you say for the most part, I think not every fighter thinks $ is top priority...
      I do agree in the aspect, at that time Joe Louis was from a different generation but Louis also was fighting for more than just himself but the pride of all African Americans. People forget, because of Johnson, no African American could fight for the World Heavyweight Title. Joe Louis in my view, was the champ of what is considered to be the greatest generation... But Joe did make damn good money at that time, but unlike many of today's Champs gave back to such a degree it made him broke while still champ!

Comment

I'd rather be this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Very true sir. But I have to agree to disagree with you, Joe Louis is one of my favorite boxers of all time and he didnt make crap for $ and Im sure he wouldve fought Max Schelming for free out of pride, honor and country. He also went out of his way just to pay back a corrupt US government that ripped him off. So although I do agree with what you say for the most part, I think not every fighter thinks $ is top priority...
          He made plenty of money, his reason for becoming broke is unique and not really a good example here.

Comment

This is what boxing's fan base has become. Justifying ducking. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. This is why boxing continues to get worse in this regard - fans let fighters get away with it. There is no real negative consequence for the fighters. If the fans don't hold them accountable, who will?

Comment

I rather be a rich legend. In most other sports the best compete against the best and get paid for doing that. In boxing it pays to duck. Pathetic.

Comment

a legend???? To who??? fans who wont mention my name after im used up, come see me in the hospital, or with my bills....both words are opinions...I'd rather be retired, rich and with my health. If im labeled a duck at least I'll have scrooge McDuck's pockets

Comment

A rich duck, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Love can't buy me beer hoes and health insurance
                    say that again my ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      I'd rather be this guy

I posted before I saw this pic....my sentiments exactly

Comment

Working...