Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing now for the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN are a new channel so give it time before it picks up Boxing.

I honestly believe that ESPN will start showing Boxing and already asking for feedback to what shows people want on there. So if we all go on the site and say we want Boxing like people are on ESB then it will be showing Boxing in no time.

It seems to be alot harder to negotiate Boxing deals than it does with the UFC. Setanta started having problems getting fights this year before the was talk of them going out of business. It seems like people in Boxing price out television were the UFC will put out an event in the UK for free just to get the sport to grow.

Comment

Khan needs to go back to ITV, Haye needs to be on ITV or Sky (Not Box Office), and the Super Six needs to be shown in it's entirety on Sky without PPV.

Comment

Sky shag football all day long and only mention Boxing every now and again.

ESPN should have left Sky to it with the Football and took on all of Setanta's Boxing and UFC including their weekly magazine shows and could have added their own already owned Boxing they show over in the US as well as cramming in the US Sports they already showed here with their crappy ESPN America channel.

No need for Football, everyone wants it but not everyone wants Boxing, thats where the niche in the UK sports market is, Football is some money but not a niche as everyone wants it including BBC and ITV.

Your not doing anything different or knew ESPN !!

Comment

Are they gonna create a new ESPN channel? Just now I've only got ESPN America listed. Are they gonna show football and UFC on that but charge for it or is it gonna be on a new ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
            Are they gonna create a new ESPN channel? Just now I've only got ESPN America listed. Are they gonna show football and UFC on that but charge for it or is it gonna be on a new ESPN?
            Tomorrow 3rd of August 2009 EPSN America will change its name, we will Get ESPN Classics and there will be a third channel which will be the first on on HD.

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531.

Virgin Media subscribers will be able to get ESPN America as follows:
            XL Virgin TV Pack Subscriber: Get ESPN America + ESPN, ESPNHD & ESPN
            Classic included as part of your monthly subscription.

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/sy...t/howtoget::uk

Comment

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post
              Tomorrow 3rd of August 2009 EPSN America will change its name, we will Get ESPN Classics and there will be a third channel which will be the first on on HD.

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531.

Virgin Media subscribers will be able to get ESPN America as follows:
              XL Virgin TV Pack Subscriber: Get ESPN America + ESPN, ESPNHD & ESPN
              Classic included as part of your monthly subscription.

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/sy...t/howtoget::uk
              Cheers for the info mate!

Comment

It's a piss take that's for sure. I'll be forced to watch streams or download the fights the next day.

Comment

I'm sure I read that ESPN's first month is gonna be free. Hope so cos can't be arsed paying for it without testing it first.

Comment

Yeah UFC.Com said that ESPN will be giving UK August for free, which includes 2 UFC events. So you'll get to sample it first!

Comment

If there's ESPN Classic, you'll get classic fights galore. Boxing is on that about 40% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X