Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Kirkland????????: K2 reserves Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where exactly in this thread/article attached is Kirkland rumoured to be the favourite. 15 pages of nothing when the same topic was discussed in NSB last week.

No news has been made since and who in the blue hell is fightsaga. View the article, not one quote, total speculation.

Comment

• I haven't heard a peep from Sergio or Quillin's camp that they want to fight GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        Wanna bet on that, genius?
        Not a problem. PM me when it's time

Comment

• Fuck HBO if they make this fight. Kirkland is a 154 pounder and they should build him up. IMO he KOs Andrade, Trout, Lara, Martirosyan, Cotto and any other 154 pounder.

HBO should just let Geale who is a 160 pounder fight Golovkin or persuade Strum
          to come to America for a unification.

As much as I think highly of Kirkland, hes gonna get KTFO by GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
            Where exactly in this thread/article attached is Kirkland rumoured to be the favourite. 15 pages of nothing when the same topic was discussed in NSB last week.

No news has been made since and who in the blue hell is fightsaga. View the article, not one quote, total speculation.
            As you say there is nothing - essentially it's just speculation based loosely on Shaw saying 'HBO are considering other options' (which could mean anything).

Since then though Geale has dropped hints like he may have a title fight lined up after Wood, (presumably either Sturm or GGG) so really it's impossible to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Tyson23 View Post
              Terrible fight. Kirkland has no business in the 160 lbs weight division. Golovkin needs to fight a legit 160 lbs before he get Butenize once he step up to his level of competition.

Kirkland couldn't even beat Ishida.
              ... "butenized" -- it's paradigmatic already!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                If Kirk makes it past the 2nd, GGG is done
                How you think the fight goes? Anyone else think it's a dangerous fight for GG?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  How you think the fight goes? Anyone else think it's a dangerous fight for GG?
                  I don't think it's an 'easy' fight for GGG - despite his propensity for taking a little while to warm up and getting rocked early, Kirklands engine and conditioning are legendary. Had it not been for the Ishida loss he would probably be the most feared MW in the sport right now - and yes, at the time he was very much considered a MW contender.

He is now more thought of as a JMW since his biggest fights, Molina and Angulo were at 154 but for the bulk of his career he's been a MW.

Kirkland is not a fighter that GGG can afford to take lightly, but also not one that should cause him major problems - unless GGG were able to score an early KO (a la Ishida) I can see it going something like the Stevens fight - cept Kirkland doesn't even have Stevens' explosive speed to call on, just seemingly boundless energy.

I see Kirkland being able to land very little on GGG, whilst steadily taking punishment himself, gradually being broken down over 6 or 7 rounds though with a high probability of leaving himself open for a KO punch sometime before that.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-20-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• This can be a great fight I think Kirkland will surprise a lot of people

Comment

Working...
                    X