Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could any of the ATG bantamweights beat Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Maybe I was reaching a tad.

I'm a little biased when it comes to Ortiz. He's my 2nd favourite Bantam.

I think it's hard to tell as it's such a space in time.

But Ortiz definitely had the skills to atleast be competitive with him.
    I don't think its reaching at all if we predict now its most likely gonna be in favor of greats, I don't think we should really be having this conversation at the moment, lets let Donaire prove himself against Moreno, Agbeko/Mares, Kameda etc.

Comment

Maybe I was reaching a tad.

I'm a little biased when it comes to Ortiz. He's my 2nd favourite Bantam.

I think it's hard to tell as it's such a space in time.

But Ortiz definitely had the skills to atleast be competitive with him.
      I understand. Manuel Ortiz is definitely more skillful than Donaire. Ortiz is a great inside fighter. But the athleticism, punching power, and speed of Donaire will be a problem. Kind of like the more skillful Toney losing to the speadfreak Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        Yeah thats true, I think were jumping the gun here, I want to see him against someone who can take his punches.
        That's the thing. Montiel has a great chin. If he can't take the punches, I don't wager too many at 118 can. Donaire has legitimate ATG power. I'm not one of these guys saying that Donaire is the future GOAT or anything, but I think he could really be something special.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          I don't think its reaching at all if we predict now its most likely gonna be in favor of greats, I don't think we should really be having this conversation at the moment, lets let Donaire prove himself against Moreno, Agbeko/Mares, Kameda etc.
          I think considering the space of time difference it is difficult to evaluate.

Atleast too difficult for me to say he outright wins. Like I said, I am biased toward Manuel Ortiz anyway.

However, I would still lean on Ortiz either way.

Off topic but I cannot wait for Donaire-Moreno (If it happens) Can't wait to see how Donaire deals with Moreno's skills.

Comment

How come nobody has mentioned Wilfredo Gomez yet? lol

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
              That's superbantamweight bro.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                That's superbantamweight bro.
                whoops haha my bad, i though somehow ya'll were talking about Donaire moving up to 122, my b's bro....

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
                  He's not a Bantamweight.

Comment

But since you mentioned it, I think prime Gomez beats Donaire at 122. Gomez is unbeatable at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      That's the thing. Montiel has a great chin. If he can't take the punches, I don't wager too many at 118 can. Donaire has legitimate ATG power. I'm not one of these guys saying that Donaire is the future GOAT or anything, but I think he could really be something special.
                      I think he has ATG power too, but theres more to durability than just a good chin, but there isn't an ATG that can knock everyone out, I want to see what Donaires made of against someone he can't KO.

I think considering the space of time difference it is difficult to evaluate.

Atleast too difficult for me to say he outright wins. Like I said, I am biased toward Manuel Ortiz anyway.

However, I would still lean on Ortiz either way.

Off topic but I cannot wait for Donaire-Moreno (If it happens) Can't wait to see how Donaire deals with Moreno's skills.
                      Me too, I've been a big fan of Moreno for a long time, I will be rooting for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X