No announcement yet.

What Yall Think About This? LAWMAKER SAYS PRAYERS DURING STATE LEGISTRATURE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Yall Think About This? LAWMAKER SAYS PRAYERS DURING STATE LEGISTRATURE

a lil context to this, seems they were swearing in the first muslim women into the state legistature after this. This was done as a defiance and protest to swearing in the muslim female.

What yall think about this?

IMO someone this petty shouldnt have any role in creating and shaping the nations laws, procedures etc etc.

Reminded me of this for some reason

Comment

Keep religion out of politics altogether. I’d say it was a dick move on her part.

Comment

I'm agnostic but I'm not convinced truly secular government is an actual thing. It seems like as soon as you "eradicate" one when all that remains of it is a symbolic identity, you just create a power vacuum for the next, no matter how innocent your intentions were. Better choose wisely.

Post-Lutheran Christianity is highly decentralized and its individual sects have relatively little in common while Islam is a universalizing movement inseparable from the expansionist/imperial mythos of a central culture -- to the point that most people mistake the quirks of that culture for pillars of Islam.
        Last edited by ////; 03-29-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

One of Dallas' suburbs always says a prayer at city government functions. This city has a lot of tech jobs with Hindu, Buddist, Muslim and Jewish workers yet the prayers are always to Jesus. I wish they would just say God.

Comment

Why are people so repulsed by prayer or God? What sensitive bone is triggered and why when people do this?

Comment

muslims should not be allowed in congress.

Comment

Working...
              X