Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Best Way To Enhance Lopez's Emerging Profile? Challenge Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Best Way To Enhance Lopez's Emerging Profile? Challenge Manny Pacquiao

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Teofimo Lopez has officially reached the level Frank Sinatra used to sing about. In reverse. He's made it anywhere. And now it he ought to get a shot to make it there. The chatty 23-year-old took his trash-talking act to the Las Vegas bubble last weekend and emerged as the sport's newest superstar after outpointing triple-crown champion Vasily Lomach...
    [Click Here To Read More]

A fight at 140 would be great but not at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
      A fight at 140 would be great but not at 147.
      Why not. Pac is giving up 18+ years, height and reach. At least give him some advantage with the weight - do it at 145 lbs.

Comment

I would love this fight perfect fight to pass the torch to Teo.

Comment

There are bigger money fights out there for Manny in his own division.

Manny vs Spence
          Manny vs Thurman II
          Manny vs Mikey

If Manny is looking for someone he can fight at a 140, Josh Taylor in the UK is a more lucrative fight than Teo.

There's just no earthly reason Pacquiao would make a fight with Teo short of a huge bag offered by TR...and that is highly doubtful.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao now is like Wladamir Klitschko now

AJ didn't get that much credit for beating Klitschko several years ago I won't be giving teo much if he beat old man Pac now.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              There are bigger money fights out there for Manny in his own division.

Manny vs Spence
              Manny vs Thurman II
              Manny vs Mikey

If Manny is looking for someone he can fight at a 140, Josh Taylor in the UK is a more lucrative fight than Teo.

There's just no earthly reason Pacquiao would make a fight with Teo short of a huge bag offered by TR...and that is highly doubtful.
              But Teo is the new face of the sport and will be a massive draw now

Comment

Why? He has fights at 135 and 140, I’d love to see him up against Taylor at 140, or Tank at whatever weight ( he’s killing him self to make 135)

Comment

Disagree. They are from entirely different eras & 2 divisions apart. Spare me the bs of Manny going back down to 140 that's been getting talked about for years & has never happened.

Teo should carve his own path & his own path is lined with young guys who he'll likely form natural rivalries with that could help define this era & Teo's career when it's all said & done.

Teo vs Manny is a cherry pick if he wins & a bad look if he loses after this epic Loma upset. Teo vs Manny is more of a lose lose situation at this point for Teo than the win win situation it'd usually be for a 23 year old fighting a legend.

Comment

After Teo becomes undisputed at 140 then maybe I can see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X