No announcement yet.

Muhammed Ali vs Jack Johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammed Ali vs Jack Johnson?

Who would win this one? This would be a great fight.
    Ali by decision
    70.97%
    Johnson by decision
    0.00%
    Ail by knockout
    29.03%
    Johnson by knockout
    0.00%
    Draw
    0.00%

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    Who would win this one? This would be a great fight.
    ali was johnson's second coming,like tyson was dempsey,as far as what they ment to pop culture and boxing .i say ali.he beats everybody.
    Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 10-19-2007, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Cassius Clay by UD.

Comment

Ali by knockout, Ali was technically superior to Johnson. Johnson was in an era of little technical know how, I give props to him for being one of the first "good" boxers but Ali would tear him to shreds.

Comment

Jack Johnsons defensive abilities was marvelous, and I suspect that his style of fighting flatfooted and passive would force Muhammad Ali to take the initiative. I guess this would put Ali at a disadvantage, but I still see him defeating Johnson.

Considering Alis superior speed and blitzing way of attacking his foe, I believe Johnson would be overwhelmed and unable to counter and tie up Ali. Further, his power would pose no threat to Ali, and I have a feeling his chin would be in trouble. I figure Ali would force a late stoppage.

Muhammad Ali by tko10.

Comment

Originally posted by M26 View Post
            Jack Johnsons defensive abilities was marvelous, and I suspect that his style of fighting flatfooted and passive would force Muhammad Ali to take the initiative. I guess this would put Ali at a disadvantage, but I still see him defeating Johnson.

Considering Alis superior speed and blitzing way of attacking his foe, I believe Johnson would be overwhelmed and unable to counter and tie up Ali. Further, his power would pose no threat to Ali, and I have a feeling his chin would be in trouble. I figure Ali would force a late stoppage.

Muhammad Ali by tko10.
            i dont see any chance of that happening. ali would dance around using his size and speed advantage to plant jab after jab into johnsons face. johnson would have to come forward to attack or he would lose badly!

Comment

I think Ali W15.

The thing that always bamboozeled me about JJ was the fact that middleweight Stanley Ketchel knocked him on his a$$. Ali withstood Foreman, Liston, Cleveland Williams and on and on.

Does anybody here think Ketchel knocks down Ali, ever???

Personally, I think Johnson was a defensive genious rather than offensive threat. He seems a bit over rated in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
                I think Ali W15.

The thing that always bamboozeled me about JJ was the fact that middleweight Stanley Ketchel knocked him on his a$$. Ali withstood Foreman, Liston, Cleveland Williams and on and on.

Does anybody here think Ketchel knocks down Ali, ever???

Personally, I think Johnson was a defensive genious rather than offensive threat. He seems a bit over rated in my opinion.
                Well to be fair, Johnson did spring right up and knock Ketchel out for the count, apparently with some of Ketchel's teeth stuck in his glove. So Johnson might have just been trying to make the fight look good up until that point. I still pick a young Ali like the one that beat Liston over Johnson, though. Ali was just unhittable then.

Comment

Johnson only had a great defense in his time, the guys he fought had poor offense, he often towered over his opponents, or his opponents were just literally, bums. There would be no defensive marvel at all vs a young Ali.

The guys that attacked Johnson just swung wildly in an attempt to hit him as hard as possible, that was the whole point in boxing back then..to knock someone out..there was no "boxing science" as people like to believe. Thats why Ali would knock him the hell out.

Comment

Ali was faster both with his hands and feet, and he had a much better chin. I see Ali winning by a late round stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X