Collapse
No announcement yet.

🚨World Boxing Super Series in danger of being canceled🚨

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not surprised, they were paying these guys a lot of money for good hardcore fights but unattractive to the casual masses (who the money comes from)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      As much as I love the 118 tournament, they should have gone with a class that has some American name to root for (watching Regis pick up Crawford’s vacated straps aren’t gonna do it. 140 is a stepping stone division.)

I think you’ll find those straps will be going to Scotland, Regis can’t beat the jock

Comment

I will wait and see if this can't be saved...

But if it can't then all I can say is mutha****in' fuck bollocks.

WBSS has been the best thing to happen to boxing in a good while for my money. Shit, even if they've been too ambitious with it I'd hope they can scale it back and maybe just manage to focus on one weightclass each season.

Comment

Wow, what a ridiculous situation if true.

Comment

Come on!! WBSS is value added for boxing. Wish we could all pitch in and 'own' WBSS to keep it going. Best thing in boxing at the moment.

Comment

If it was down to me we’d keep the two tournaments at the lower weight and tell all the cruisers for **** off. No one wants to watch that again it’s beyond pointless

Comment

Having said that if push comes to shove I’m sure dazn will step up and put in the money. They’d be the biggest losers if this were to fold.

Comment

Absolute tragedy if it ends already, but some of their own business decisions have to be blamed. If I were in charge I'd streamline the whole thing to make it more TV friendly. For starters they might as well just begin at the semis since most of the QFs have been predictable anyway, and it should have been condensed into a few shows rather than having every fight headline its own card. No network in its right mind is going to sign a deal that fills up its Saturday night primetime slot every week for two months straight

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
                    Hopefully they can save the bantamweight tourney and just cancel the 2nd cruiserweight tournament.
                    Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    If it was down to me we’d keep the two tournaments at the lower weight and tell all the cruisers for **** off. No one wants to watch that again it’s beyond pointless
                    I disagree I think the cruiserweight semis look really interesting

Comment

Huge huge shame if true as the tournament has been brilliant so far, and had so much potential for the future.

I think we all suspected this would be a short lived venture bearing in mind the costs of running such a tournament, but I really hope they can at least get to the end of the current seasons which are shaping up really nicely.

The prospect of matchups involving Taylor/Baranchyk/Prograis/Relikh, Donaire/Tete/Inuoe/Rodriguez, and Breidis/Glowacki/Dorticos/Tabiti is mouthwatering.

Comment

Working...
                      X