Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko could potentially have unification fights back to back.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomachenko could potentially have unification fights back to back.

He could fight Richard Commey/ Isa Chaniev winner who is fighting for the vacant IBF belt after the Pedraza unfication fight.

Lightweight Richard Commey (27-2, 24 KOs), 31, of Ghana, who was Mikey Garcia’s mandatory challenger before Garcia gave up one of his belts to instead move up to challenge welterweight titlist Errol Spence Jr., will instead face Isa Chaniev (13-1, 6 KOs), 26, of Russia, in a fight that while not signed yet has been agreed to. Promoter Lou DiBella, who promotes Commey, is also in the process of signing Chaniev and the fight, multiple sources told ESPN, is slated to serve as the co-feature of the Top Rank on ESPN card headlined by the rematch between light heavyweight titlist Eleider Alvarez and former titlist Sergey Kovalev on Feb. 2. Top Rank and DiBella are in the process of finalizing a deal for the fight to go on the card, which likely will take at the Ford Center, the Dallas Cowboys practice facility in Frisco, Texas. The Commey-Chaniev winner figures to be an eventual opponent in a three-belt unification fight for the winner of the unification fight between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Jose Pedraza, who meet on Dec. 8 in the Top Rank on ESPN main event
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41044003-4

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
    He could fight Richard Commey/ Isa Chaniev winner who is fighting for the vacant IBF belt after the Pedraza unfication fight.

I have noticed Dibella working more often with the Bobfather lately. He seems to keep many of his own fighters independent and sends them to PBC, Top Rank, DAZN etc. Farmer to DAZN. Prograis to WBSS etc.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I have noticed Dibella working more often with the Bobfather lately. He seems to keep many of his own fighters independent and sends them to PBC, Top Rank, DAZN etc. Farmer to DAZN. Prograis to WBSS etc.
      That should be the way for him. Keep his fighters' options open. He's not a major player with deals to a network like Top Rank to ESPN, Matchroom USA and Golden Boy to DAZN etc.

Comment

Feb 2nd for Commey - Chaniev would put it at probably May / June earliest for a unification. Be nice to see Loma (assuming he beats Pedraza) back in action before then, but there's certainly worse fights than Loma - Commey (who will be a wide favourite against Chaniev).

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Feb 2nd for Commey - Chaniev would put it at probably May / June earliest for a unification. Be nice to see Loma (assuming he beats Pedraza) back in action before then, but there's certainly worse fights than Loma - Commey (who will be a wide favourite against Chaniev).
          or maybe he could fight Crolla or Luke Campbell before fighting the Commey/Chaniev winner. I disagree about Commey being a wide favourite against Chaniev. I watched Chaniev fight against Ismael Barroso live, he's quite a spoiler and for me the favourite against Commey.

Comment

or maybe he could fight Crolla or Luke Campbell before fighting the Commey/Chaniev winner. I disagree about Commey being a wide favourite against Chaniev. I watched Chaniev fight against Ismael Barroso live, he's quite a spoiler and for me the favourite against Commey.
            I hadn't seen him fight just checked him on Boxrec, but I did notice the Barroso win and I'll give him a check over when I get the time... ain't got the hours to put in watching the prospects that I used to so more and more are slipping under my radar. Cheers for the heads up, man.

EDIT: And yeah, Crolla is the obvious next fight for early 2019... it will probably be ridiculed but unless Easter puts his hand up it's hard to see who would be more deserving (cept maybe Campbell) and Crolla is mando, so makes sense if Loma is looking to clean up at 135.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-08-2018, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I hadn't seen him fight just checked him on Boxrec, but I did notice the Barroso win and I'll give him a check over when I get the time... ain't got the hours to put in watching the prospects that I used to so more and more are slipping under my radar. Cheers for the heads up, man.
              Honestly i knew nothing about this Chaniev dude as i was rooting for Barroso but that mofo does a pretty good running and hugging. I don't remember vividly of the fight but there could be a knockdown or two. No problem fam, cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X