Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else left dissapointed by Usyks performance??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else left dissapointed by Usyks performance??

Felt very underwhelming and Bellew was tagging him quite a few times. All that kept running through my mind was imagine if a Heavyweight with power like Whyte wilder AJ tagged Usyk like that, it's night night surely?

These threads were made against almost every Usyk fights, yet he still keeps winning

Comment

Nah not after that KO. Holy f#ck.

And Bellew put up a better & smarter fight early then I expected from him so I thought it was a fun, more competitive than expected fight early.

For full disclosure I'm one who was saying Bellew was going to be minimal competitive early, but I think he was a couple notches above minimal competitive & him & his trainer did their work to give Usyk a difficult look in this matchup with their strategy.

Usyk is on another level doe. He makes adjustments in the ring amazingly & on that Loma & Floyd level. He's maybe the smartest bigger guy fighting in quite awhile.

Comment

he scored one of the ko's of the year and looked pretty comfortable before that. dont get the talk of bellew outboxing him lol, wasnt landing anything really.

Comment

The HWs are significantly slower than those short quick shots Bellew was landing that didn’t seem to have much of an effect. He might just be too small. In a different era maybe but he may just be too small at the end of the day

Comment

Nah I was impressed.

Made adjustments which is what the proper elite fighters managed to do.

Like Paulie said in commentary. Started looping the left hand.

I find it hard to picture him at heavyweight before him actually fighting there.

Because on one hand someone like AJ could literally walk him down.

Or AJ might look like his feet or stuck in cement against him.

F.uck knows

Comment

Don’t forget that Tony is fast even for LHW standards. No way any HW (apart Tyson) can move like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                Don’t forget that Tony is fast even for LHW standards. No way any HW (apart Tyson) can move like that.
                That would be an awful fight tbh.

Just pictured it now.

Comment

Why would you be disappointed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    That would be an awful fight tbh.

Just pictured it now.
                    agree. And in that ugliness, uglier style usually wins - meaning Fury.

Comment

Working...
                    X