No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Passes Third Drug Test, Says Golden Boy Prez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    Even if he was doping that substance might have only helped him stay lean in the offseason so that he didn't have to lose too much weight in training camp. Other than that if he keeps testing negative until the fight and in the post fight test then it should never enhance his performance in the ring at all.

I don't think athletes cycle Clenbuterol because as far as I know it doesn't have much lingering effects once you're off of it unlike testesterone and nandrole and stuff like that, it's mainly used by bodybuilders to cut fat but I'm not a doctor so I don't know for sure. Fight should now go on and if all tests come back negative then the fight should happen and may the best man win.

that is the point

if he did cheat, he deserves to get KTFO..... but I seriously doubt that he will have any type of advantage come fight night

methinks a bunch of folks are wetting themselves and getting their excuses in early

Comment

• Originally posted by u122564 View Post
      he still tested positive on previous test... lance armstrong passed over 500 drug tests and he was cheating his whole career.
      Ancient history, nothing to do with this specific issue.

Comment

• Attn: Miguel Rivera

"The second fight is scheduled for March 5th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas."

That should be May 5, correct?

Comment

• "Canelo has undergone anti-doping tests in at least his last 12 fights and until this past February all of his tests had come up clean."

Got that, Canelo haters?

Comment

• LOL of course, Clenbuterol leaves your system after 5-6 days and cant be detected anymore. He got caught off guard, just off the cycle, VADA knocked on his doors a couple days earlier than anticipated. Testing only starting 10 weeks prior to the fight for Canelo is just laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              "Canelo has undergone anti-doping tests in at least his last 12 fights and until this past February all of his tests had come up clean."

Got that, Canelo haters?
              Canelo is one of the few top fighters in the sport who does not participate in the Clean Boxing Program (Voluntarily year round testing by VADA).

He is only getting tested prefight, starting 8-10 weeks prior to the fight. That is absolutely ineffective and just a lame excuse to fool dummies like yourself. He also pulled out of VADA testing suddenly for the Liam Smith fight. Why do you think that happened?

Any top athlete knows that PED cycles are most efficient prior to a training camp (around 3 months prior to a fight). That way you get the full benefit for the whole training camp leading up to the fight. Clenbuterol for example leaves your system completely after 5-6 days. It can't be detected anymore, except by a hairtest.

Canelo fights on the same dates every year so he can cycle off at the proper time just this time he got caught off guard and VADA knocked on his doors a couple days earlier than usual.

Comment

Ancient history, nothing to do with this specific issue.
                I think it's worth learning from history.

Comment

• First let me say I dont have a concrete opinion on Canelos guilt or innocence but tended to believe him when it was first announced but now I’m not so sure because the more interviews I listen to and articles I read I think it’s points to his guilt

This isn’t like Lucas Browne testing clean 3 days before the fight and popping dirty after the fight situation

I don’t think it really matters if he passes all the tests from here on out

He should and press releases stating that aren’t needed because all there trying to do is sway public perception of Canelos innocence

From what I’ve read he popped dirty on Feb 17 and 20th most likely his first set of tests ( that’s pretty suspicious if you ask me ) in a recent Abel said they wanted a 90 day testing period instead of 45 days which was in the last fight. So if they deliberately cheated they probably miscalculated the time they needed to get clean

Another thing with people saying he’s tested clean in 12 fights or for however many years. I don’t think this is a valid excuse because Canelos a twice a year fighter ( May /Sept ) if Canelos cheating and regularly tests 45 days out he has about a month or two to put what ever in his system from May to Sept and from Sept to May he has about 7 months take whatever he wants lots of time to cheat and get clean before the tests start

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    I have no faith whatsoever in the NSAC investigation

Canelo will be cleared, I am telling you now

the supposed experts are VADA

VADA should be implementing the highest possible standard of follow-up testing to get to the bottom of this..... and Team Golovkin should be employing every advantage/opportunity they can to shake Canelo's cage

be very disappointed in Team G if they roll over meekly regarding this

Golovkin should be contracting the best medical/legal experts in the game to either force a thorough independent investigation, or to force VADA to utilize the best available technology/testing

and they should have lawyers involved

they should also have every available GGG-friendly media agent present during Canelo's camp to continually demand answers to the nastiest questions..... anything to play this up

Canelo handed them an opportunity to gain a mental advantage, why pass on that?

In saying that..... Team G know that Canelo will have no unfair advantage heading into the fight..... and they don't want to risk losing that payday..... but they should try to disrupt Canelo as much as possible
                    All Loeffler does is roll over and take it

Comment

"Canelo has undergone anti-doping tests in at least his last 12 fights and until this past February all of his tests had come up clean."

Got that, Canelo haters?
                      Tell that to the Lance Armstrong haters too...

Comment

Working...
                      X