Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robinson or Ali, who's really the greatest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I see you're trolling hard today. Stop shooting the Prozac, just take it as prescribed.
    Nah I can't. When I have time I try to get back to everyone & I got a list that goes over 100. I'm half way through.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Nah I can't. When I have time I try to get back to everyone & I got a list that goes over 100. I'm half way through.
      Get back to everyone? I never quoted you. All the same, Robinson wipes his ass with 50-0.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Get back to everyone? I never quoted you. All the same, Robinson wipes his ass with 50-0.
        ^^^^^^^^^^ This

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Floyd is one of the best fighters of all time, no question, but he's not the best. He was the best businessman of all time, but he picked and choosed his opponents for years.
          Completely agree with this.

Comment

I am an Ali fan and I was lucky enough to work with him and alongside him. If this was a personal choice, I would say Ali is the best to ever do it however, objectively, he can be no lower than second place, so cheekily enough, the opinion still stands. That is not to say Sugar Ray was not great, heck, he may be the greatest but he never captured the imagine the way Ali did.

Listing either guy as top dog is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Then go through all the top fighters in history & how many Hall Of Famers did they beat? Who has the most highest quality of opponents on their resume?? Who has been undefeated for 20 years??? Who gets hit the least of all time???? Who is the most accurate of all time????? Which boxer has beat boxing???????
              its one thing to have high accuracy against impossible-to-miss version of cotto and please-hit-me maidana. its another to have high accuracy against awkward guys with underrated defense like fullmer and turpin.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                Both Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali have a legitimate claim to the title of, "Greatest Of All Time". Robinson is widely considered to be pound for pound the best fighter to ever lace a pair of gloves, but Ali is considered to be the best heavyweight ever, and heavyweight has always been seen as the premier division in boxing. They both have among the best resumes in boxing history, with Robinson holding wins over Lamotta, Fullmer, Basilio, and Gavilan, while Ali holds wins over Frazier, Foreman, Liston and Patterson.

Who do you think is the best ever?
                Muhammad Ali's pronouncement that he was the "Greatest of All Time" has to be the biggest and most misconstrued and misunderstood statements that could have ever been made. Make no mistake about it; Ali has openly admitted to, well at least in a p4p sense, that Sugar Ray Robinson was the better fighter of the two and also was indeed and truly the greatest boxer of all-time.

All Ali was attempting to do was to say that he was only the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time. He was not speaking in terms of pound for pound the greatest, he bestowed that honor upon Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  Both Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali have a legitimate claim to the title of, "Greatest Of All Time". Robinson is widely considered to be pound for pound the best fighter to ever lace a pair of gloves, but Ali is considered to be the best heavyweight ever, and heavyweight has always been seen as the premier division in boxing. They both have among the best resumes in boxing history, with Robinson holding wins over Lamotta, Fullmer, Basilio, and Gavilan, while Ali holds wins over Frazier, Foreman, Liston and Patterson.

Who do you think is the best ever?
                  Ali a legit claim for greatest of all time, LOL. I know Ali always said it, so I should just believe him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Joe Louis
                    Hank Armstrong
                    Gene Tunney

Pernell Whitaker
                    Muhammed Ali
                    Roy Jones

Hector Camacho
                    Ray Leonard
                    Telepio Stevenson

If you look at the lists above you will see some of the great fighters listed according to the following: The first category is for fighters who took at least one technical point and were outstanding with it, Louis>punching Armstrong> infatigue/inside fighting Tunney> technical ability The second column is fighters who did everything wrong (being tongue in cheek here), fighters who were athletic marvels and who could use natural talent to do things nobody else could. Ali and Jones, very similar> speed. Whitaker> reflexes.

The last column are some hybrids. Guys who have a little of both categories. Camacho had that insane speed and was an excellent technician, ditto for Leonard who had the speed and reflexes but an the learned skill of ring generalmanship and finally a guy who I think may have come as close as anyone to Robinson had he been allowed to fight professionally Telepio Stephenson...the speed of a middle weight, the flawless technique of the cuban system, the power of a heavyweight with heavy hands.

NOW all these guys are good enough and there are plenty more fighters obviously, I am just using a few for an example, that it does not matter how many things they can do well in the ring, because the thing(s) they do well they do well enough to be infallible. So, Pernell Whitaker could easily beat the more well rounded Chavez (which he did forget the stupid judges) with his defensive genius... Jones with his speed alone was able to take apart the well rounded James Toney...

What sets Sugar Ray Robinson apart, is that at any time, he could assume the skill set of any of these categories, and do so seamlessly. So he could bring fourth the punching power of Julian jackson, the natural speed of JOnes, the unorthodox ability to punch going any direction, etc etc.
                    WOW

That's a whole lot of bull****

Sissys like you make it very obvious you never fought...
                    b*tch...

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                      WOW

That's a whole lot of bull****

Sissys like you make it very obvious you never fought...
                      b*tch...
                      My own stalker, straight from mom's basement... Wrong as usual

...stop trying so hard... Actually keep trying so hard you get an A for azzjizz.

yur makin this too easy...

Comment

Working...
                      X