Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200,000 people watched Pacquiao vs Vargas...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200,000 people watched Pacquiao vs Vargas...

on a Facebook live stream. There were others streaming but that was just the biggest stream. The public is begging for alternative ways to watch fights and boxing, as well as other sports, aren't taking advantage of it. I should be able to click a stream and watch the fight on my phone and have it charged to my phone bill. There are so many things competing for our attention and dollars people don't have to search to hard to find it. You have to find a way to deliver easy to find content with a click of a button. Boxing is so hard to find. You got PBC on a thousand channels with varying times and dates. People are moving away from set top cable boxes. People don't want to have to put on a lot of effort to find entertainment.

Was that a PPV stream on facebook? If so, I'm shocked as I didn't expect this to do much more than 275k total.

Comment

Its been mention before, but pre-2003 it was never an issue.

Those that had a lot of money bought PPVS and had HBO.

Those that had some money had HBO, watched PPVs at a friends house, who prob had the black box.

Those that were poor had HBO and PPV with the black box.

Everyone saw the fights. Everyone.

Not long after cable went digital, boxing started to fade from the America public's consciousness. Not a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Was that a PPV stream on facebook? If so, I'm shocked as I didn't expect this to do much more than 275k total.
        NO. People who ordered the fight streamed it by pointing their camera phone to the TV

Comment

The fight did over 300,000 buys. So Pacquiao just need a name to do over 500,000 either it could be broner or Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            NO. People who ordered the fight streamed it by pointing their camera phone to the TV
            And what makes you think that the people that watch a free stream will pay for that stream if they are given that chance? hell, most of them will still try to find a free stream, or not watch the fight at all. Unless we're talking about 20 dollars PPVs, like in the UK. That's the issue.

The problem is the price. 75 dollars is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              And what makes you think that the people that watch a free stream will pay for that stream if they are given that chance? hell, most of them will still try to find a free stream, or not watch the fight at all. Unless we're talking about 20 dollars PPVs, like in the UK. That's the issue.

74.99 is a fair price. Not everyone is poor. #support real boxing

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Make it easier to buy fights. Click a button on your phone and it's charged to your phone bill. You don't have to be at home to watch it and you don't need a cable box to watch it. I'm not saying those 200k would've bought it but some would have. Make the fight more accessible and easy to find and purchase. It's not so much the price as it is accessibility. Americans want content delivered to them on handheld devices with a touch of a button.

Comment

75 bucks is too much. Anybody thats says different is a ****ing ******. Most people dont give a damn about Ward or Kovalev and the other fights on the card suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Make it easier to buy fights. Click a button on your phone and it's charged to your phone bill. You don't have to be at home to watch it and you don't need a cable box to watch it. I'm not saying those 200k would've bought it but some would have. Make the fight more accessible and easy to find and purchase. It's not so much the price as it is accessibility. Americans want content delivered to them on handheld devices with a touch of a button.
                    Its 2016, not 1996. Boxing SHOULD get more mobile.

Comment

Working...
                    X