Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Maidana does 854,000 PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather-Maidana does 854,000 PPV buys?

What does this mean for a potential September opponent? Will they leave it until November for a Khan fight?

how much did pac vs bradley do?

i think they cud possibly sell the foolish crowd a rematch, which will probably have more hype than the first fight

Comment

its so funny to me to see this and even Arum talking about the dissapointing Pac-Bradley numbers. Everyone has become so jaded that they act like 850,000 buys is garbage now? Those use to be super mega numbers. I remember one time that people thought you had star status if you could do like 450. Now its either a mil or bust.

At the end of the day, I could care less either way. Its not going in my pocket. I just want to see good fights. F the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        how much did pac vs bradley do?

i think they cud possibly sell the foolish crowd a rematch
        Well the first fight didn't cut it in terms of numbers. Rematch is a financial risk, but maybe a strong undercard sells it.

According to this guy, Pac-Bradley did just over 700k while according to Bob Arum it did 750k-800k.

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        its so funny to me to see this and even Arum talking about the dissapointing Pac-Bradley numbers. Everyone has become so jaded that they act like 850,000 buys is garbage now? Those use to be super mega numbers. I remember one time that people thought you had star status if you could do like 450. Now its either a mil or bust.

At the end of the day, I could care less either way. Its not going in my pocket. I just want to see good fights. F the numbers
        Low numbers means pressure on the promoters to make the fights we want to see. Showtime need to make money too.

Comment

if floyd retires, who will take his place as far as numbers?

Comment

fraud is doing it for the fans doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Well the first fight didn't cut it in terms of numbers. Rematch is a financial risk, but maybe a strong undercard sells it.

According to this guy, Pac-Bradley did just over 700k while according to Bob Arum it did 750k-800k.
              i think they can hype up the mexican americans into believing maidana can do it this time around

sell them the story of how floyd is on the decline and how maidana will do it this time around

Comment

They lost a lot of money.

I said when they signed the contract, Floyd Mayweather will cause the financial ruin of Showtime.

Comment

This is probably going to turn out fake like all the first reports

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    i think they can hype up the mexican americans into believing maidana can do it this time around

sell them the story of how floyd is on the decline and how maidana will do it this time around
                    Maidana's not Mexican tho, much less Mexican-American, no matter what way they cut it. That crowd was Argentinian too, thousands of them dressed in blue and white. Personally I'm not all that keen on a Maidana rematch because I don't think he gets a fair shake on the gloves, the ref or the judging. Next ref will be a Cortez-style patsy.

They might make Mayweather-Cotto II if he beats Martinez, but that would be a quick turnaround.

Originally posted by croz View Post
                    This is probably going to turn out fake like all the first reports
                    Possibly, but one thing I would say is afaik they had the Canelo numbers by the Tuesday after the fight, the Guerrero numbers never officially came out at all.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-11-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X