WBC ordered Stevenson vs Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBC is a joke.

Comment

If he doesn't get the early KO, he's going to get smashed by Gvozdyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        For 4 and 1/2 years? That’s indefensible.
        It was partially because his mandatory (Alvarez) kept accepting step aside money and the complaining about it... over and over. Weird situation that the WBC didn't bother with, probably because the sanctioning fees from Stevenson/Haymon were nice.

I also think the WBC were sympathetic in general to the fact that Stevenson cant get a visa to fight in the USA (or likely anywhere else) due to his criminal history. I'm not.
        Last edited by paulf; 06-18-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          If he doesn't get the early KO, he's going to get smashed by Gvozdyk.
          ... Jack waited for him to gass out (he also low blowed him)...

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
            get off this site you casual go watch espn ya knob head!
            What the hell has this bum ever done that I should remember his name?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              What the hell has this bum ever done that I should remember his name?
              How is a bum though? Gonzalez and Chilemba were supposed to be tough fights for him and he absolutely blasted them. He's also highly skilled so whilst not being an all-time great fighter he's clearly not a bum.

He most likely beats Stevenson.

Comment

Why folks continue to disrespect Adonis Stevenson is beyond me.

Badou Jack, an overall super-solid B/B+ fighter, was on his P's and Q's the whole fight, kept his defense about as tight as you can get it, fought a great gameplan (late start and taking care of himself aside, the man is still 40 years old), and Stevenson was still able to find the adjustment late, still show that he could carry his power for 12 rounds, and gutted out the fight to salvage his championship.

Gvozdyk has the hype behind him, but what have we seen from him as a pro to think that he could fight better than Badou Jack did, which still wasn't enough?

Robert Garcia is a great coach, but I don't think that Gvozdyk has had the experience needed to keep his chin away from that left hand, especially with Stevenson still being beyond sharp enough for a hard 8 rounds and his ability to hide the shot behind at least 5-6 different schemes, and still hurt you with that right hook, and still hurt you to the body late.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think this is end of Stevenson's long reign as champion. He is really old and looked very beatable against Jack. His fast deadly straight left was not working as well as it used to.
                  Badou Jack is a far better defensive fighter than he's ever been given credit for, and his whole camp was basically set on taking away the left hand and hoping to beat Stevenson late.

Gvozdyk better go into camp with his eyes wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    It was partially because his mandatory (Alvarez) kept accepting step aside money and the complaining about it... over and over. Weird situation that the WBC didn't bother with, probably because the sanctioning fees from Stevenson/Haymon were nice.

I also think the WBC were sympathetic in general to the fact that Stevenson cant get a visa to fight in the USA (or likely anywhere else) due to his criminal history. I'm not.
                    Are we really going to ignore the whole Kovalev situation, where he became mandatory, talked all that ****, got the WBC to move the split to 50/50, and then turned coward when the time came to actually bid on the fight? Lol

Comment

Good fight........

Comment

Working...
                      X