Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali Wants to Stay at 154 Pounds, Defend WBO Title Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Vargas has exactly 1 KO in the last 6 years. A span of 13 fights many were at 140 and the lone KO came against Ali. Hell according to boxrec that's the only knockdown he's had in the last 13 fights. Ali's chin held up against Cotto and Abregu who are both much bigger punchers then Vargas.

He fought a dumb fight against Vargas. Cotto is bigger and better then Vargas the difference was Ali fought smart, more discipline used his speed and boxing skills. Against Vargas he was slugging it out way too much. If he fought Cotto the same way he would of been knocked out. Ali is not a big puncher even at 147. His advantage is speed and boxing skills. I think he beats vargas in a rematch. Vargas doesn't do anything great and besides the Ali fight hasn't shown great power at 147 or 140. Ali got caught never recovered it happens.
    I would give Ali a better chance of beating Vargas & Spence Jr. than Jermell Charlo & Lara! I think he should go back!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      stop it yes he did better in the middle rounds but was NOT winning the fight before the injury, he was hurt badly twice pre injury when he was more aggressive. Who is to say if he's not injured and more passive down the stretch that he doesn't get rocked more or dropped? To say he would of won is just BS before the injury he wasn't winning he was being out boxed and it was him who was getting hurt in the exchanges NOT Ali. Who knows how the fight plays out but to guarantee he wins is nonsense.
      Forget what any of us think who was winning the fight, THE OFFICIAL SCORECARDS HAD COTTO WINNING WITH 4 ROUNDS TO GO. PERIOD!! was he hurt multiple times?? yes. But towards the middle of the fight you can see the momentum shifting. Again, THE SCORECARDS HAD COTTO WINNING WITH 4 ROUNDS TO GO, not me. Those are facts.
      Last edited by chepboxingking; 12-13-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Vargas isnt nearly as bad as some ppl try making him out to be. A lot of casual fans consider boxers BUMS when they get a loss or 2. Vargas has only lost to Pac (Who looked like old Pac in that fight) and Bradley who was rocked with 10 seconds left before the senile ref. Stopped it. Not saying he would of won just saying Im sure Jermain Taylor wished he had this ref. When he fought Froch...
        We'll see when he fights a Top 5 WW again. Oh yeah, why is everyone believing PBC is dead? What have you heard?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Yeah I still don’t trust his durability myself, I’m the exact same with Badou Jack cause of the Edwards fight, even though he’s proved me wrong several times
          The difference is Badou Jack outgrew 168. Ali stepped up for a big fight, but he can still make 147, and his people think he's better @ 147!

http://www.boxingscene.com/trainer-u...ht-147--123085

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            Forget what any of us think who was winning the fight, THE OFFICIAL SCORECARDS HAD COTTO WINNING WITH 4 ROUNDS TO GO. PERIOD!! was he hurt multiple times?? yes. But towards the middle of the fight you can see the momentum shifting. Again, THE SCORECARDS HAD COTTO WINNING WITH 4 ROUNDS TO GO, not me. Those are facts.
            So was it the injury in the 7th or not? Now you are ONLY going by the last 4 rounds? Funny Cotto was so badly injured that he arguably had his best round of the fight AFTER injury. FACT before the injury he was NOT winning the fight. FACT before the injury he was wobbled and hurt TWICE by Ali while being outboxed. After the injury later in the fight he was AGAIN wobbled by Ali. Cotto made a comeback in the middle of the fight to even the cards up. Then faded late but that didn't come until 2 rounds after the injury again he won the 8th round of that fight. He became less aggressive in rounds 9-12 whether it was because he got rocked AGAIN by Ali, or because the injury in the 7th round finally kicked in, or because he was tired or because he's just old (old guys tend to fade late in fights). Who knows but he wasn't winning the fight before the injury like you suggested and now you changing your argument to looking at scorecards heading into the 9th only. Stop making excuses he looked bad all night and outside maybe a 4 round stretch got his azz completely whooped. No guarantee he wins that fight without injury. But if that helps you sleep at night go ahead lol

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Not a wise decision, he's too small for the weight
              Really? doesn't title purses have a minimum limit? which is probably more then Ali usually makes anyway? plus that he'll get a shot at Brook which is probably good payday.

Comment

He is not a big 154 fighter, like Hurd or Jermell, these guys are really huge, but he can fight Liam Smith, Brook - Rabcehnko winner, Lara...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  The difference is Badou Jack outgrew 168. Ali stepped up for a big fight, but he can still make 147, and his people think he's better @ 147!

http://www.boxingscene.com/trainer-u...ht-147--123085
                  It’ll be interesting to see what his next move is. I assume he’ll defend the title at 154 for purely financial reasons. He could possibly go back to 147 to challenge Matthysse if he picks up the WBA reg title, there aren’t many options on the GBP side though, shame he’s not able to fight any guys on the Haymon/PBC side

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    It’ll be interesting to see what his next move is. I assume he’ll defend the title at 154 for purely financial reasons. He could possibly go back to 147 to challenge Matthysse if he picks up the WBA reg title, there aren’t many options on the GBP side though, shame he’s not able to fight any guys on the Haymon/PBC side
                    Terence Crawford is not with PBC. That could be a nice test for Crawford's intro the WW division...Fu*k it, Make it happen! Crawford vs. Ali @ 147!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Terence Crawford is not with PBC. That could be a nice test for Crawford's intro the WW division...Fu*k it, Make it happen! Crawford vs. Ali @ 147!
                      I’d be down for that fight, but I doubt Arum and De La Hoya would be half as willing to make fights together now they’re aligned to different TV networks in ESPN and HBO respectively

Comment

Working...
                      X