boxers who looks great physically at the weigh in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my point is he looks good in weigh ins

Comment

It's just body fat percentage, pretty misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
        my point is he looks good in weigh ins
        Did you read the thread beyond the title?

#1 post.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Did you read the thread beyond the title?

#1 post.
          my bad just read it properly-roy jones,lebedev fight

Comment

inb4 epic gay thread award of 2011 and beyond.

Comment

Not going to get so much into the stamina issue but to hit home on a further point that seems to get lost on here..

Physique != High Performance

I can't count the number of times posters have gotten amped for a win based just on how a dude looks on the scales.

My personal fav is probably Roy post Superman. Good God did people keep gettin gassed.

Comment

Jermain Taylor always looked in great shape but his conditioning would always cost him somehow in some of his biggest fights.

He was able to hurt and drop Pavlik in the 2nd round of their first fight but couldn't put him away and ran out of gas trying to do so eventually getting stopped in the 7th.

He was boxing a good fight against Pavlik in the second fight and it was pretty even going into the last 2 rounds. Taylor's stamina cost him again where Pavlik was able to outwork him in the last two rounds and won the close decision.

Taylor was leading on the cards going into the 12th round against Froch but his stamina cost him again allowing Froch to gain momentum, bomb away at him, hurt him and eventually stop him with about 20 seconds left.

It almost cost him in the first Hopkins fight also.

Comment

Working...
                X