Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most overrated European fighter of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    What he does is effective. His resume is my problem.
    I hear you, but I don't base a fighter being overrated or underrated based on his resume. Example - Chris John has an average resume, but I'd pick him to beat a prime Marquez or Barrera any day of the week.

Mayweather used the blueprint from John to defeat Marquez.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe...

Comment

ricky hatton takes the cake. the sky sports & british media coverage of his fight vs pacquiao & how there was this actual media campaign blitz of ricky being p4p 1# if he beats pacquiao as if the mythical p4p crown was some kind of linear belt was sickening. They were ramming down the agenda hard. Ricky Hatton p4p 1#.

Comment

have to be Zsolt Erdei...i think he only fought one recognised fighter in his whole career and that was Gonzalez (when he won the title). All of his challengers were unknown and he even required "German" judges to beat them.

Comment

Vitali K. and Joe C.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
              ricky hatton takes the cake. the sky sports & british media coverage of his fight vs pacquiao & how there was this actual media campaign blitz of ricky being p4p 1# if he beats pacquiao as if the mythical p4p crown was some kind of linear belt was sickening. They were ramming down the agenda hard. Ricky Hatton p4p 1#.
              You've got a good case that he was the most over-rated by the British press. I don't think anyone outside the UK bought that **** though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                You've got a good case that he was the most over-rated by the British press. I don't think anyone outside the UK bought that **** though.
                the p4p 1# if he beat pac? yes, nobody but the british press believed that nonsense. who would you vote for dave?

Comment

the p4p 1# if he beat pac? yes, nobody but the british press believed that nonsense. who would you vote for dave?
                  brtish boxing fans didnt buy it either, it was something hatton himself said, and then it snowballed from there. But Haton was a solid fighter, people seem to only remember the pac fight. People think that Paulie would beat him ffs, he owned Paulie bad. If Paulie beat him now it would be because Hatton is finished and no other reason.

To moochi - i didnt realise anybody rated Erdie, so i cant call him overrated.

Of that list for me its Haye, he's a damn good fighter, but people believe he can beat te Klit brothers, and to me thats overrating him greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    brtish boxing fans didnt buy it either, it was something hatton himself said, and then it snowballed from there. But Haton was a solid fighter, people seem to only remember the pac fight. People think that Paulie would beat him ffs, he owned Paulie bad. If Paulie beat him now it would be because Hatton is finished and no other reason.

To moochi - i didnt realise anybody rated Erdie, so i cant call him overrated.

Of that list for me its Haye, he's a damn good fighter, but people believe he can beat te Klit brothers, and to me thats overrating him greatly.
                    im glad some brits didnt drink the kool aid. the paulie fight i knew hatton was gonna win because hatton is a physically strong fighter & malignaggi who i dont rate highly at all had absolutely zero chance to win. Hatton was too rugged physically to lose to someone like paulie. still out of that list i think hatton is the most overrated followed by khan who was already fighting ppv in the UK without even fighting someone of gatekeeper level followed by david haye.

Comment

who would you vote for dave?
                      I've voted for Ottke. He was rated either #1 or #2 at his weight for many years, but got a lot of biased refereeing, and biased judging decisions, and he would have lost several of his fights without that help. Plus he never stepped up and fought or even called out any of the other top fighters or belt holders. Calzaghe left it late before fighting really highly rated opposition, but he fought some in the end, and he'd been calling them out long before that - and had seriously tried to make a fight with Hopkins in 2002. Ottke was quite happy to just plough his little furrow in Germany for his entire career and never looked further than that.
                      Last edited by Dave Rado; 04-03-2010, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X