Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Povetkin Getting Jacked, in Beast Mode For Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    doesnt look that different? lol look at povetkin in the huck fight..less that 2 years and a guy who has been out of shape his whole life is now ripped with veins running through his body...come on man..the guy never leaves russia and is highly protected over there..
    I'm a competitor in bodybuilding and powerlifting. I'm also a certified sports nutritionist. I know what I'm talking about brother. Do you know how much you're body can change when you adopt a new training protocol? Especially in his case because he clearly neglected proper dieting and serious weight training. Trust me, I've seen plenty of guys on roids and he is not one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
      I'm a competitor in bodybuilding and powerlifting. I'm also a certified sports nutritionist. I know what I'm talking about brother. Do you know how much you're body can change when you adopt a new training protocol? Especially in his case because he clearly neglected proper dieting and serious weight training. Trust me, I've seen plenty of guys on roids and he is not one.
      punchers are born..a prime him couldnt ko a cruiser now he is ko'ing heavyweights left to right..i wanna see some testing

Comment

i train hard, but without supplements it actually can take years to see the results he seemed to have in one training camp..the russians claim to do year around testing but it has been in question several times
        Are you a lifetime elite athlete?

You are confusing bodyweight percentage with muscular build.

You can have huge muscles but look pudgy due to bodyfat percentage. Reduce your bodyfat and your muscles become defined.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Exactly. If Molina, Szpilka and French guy can land, then Povetkin who is 10 times better than them can land.
          Yeah Szpilka was able to land well especially in the early rounds...Povetkin is more accurate and can throw effective combos. Wilder has to jump him at the start in order to throw off his mobility.

Comment

punchers are born..a prime him couldnt ko a cruiser now he is ko'ing heavyweights left to right..i wanna see some testing
            Povetkin has a 71 percent career KO percentage. He isn't a featherfisted guy that suddenly started scoring knockouts.

The Huck fight is a non-starter. You have to land your power shot squarly on a guy's chin to knock him out. Just being in the same ring isn't enough.

Your post screams of ignorance of boxing.

It's like saying Marquez suddenly knocked out Pacquiao in their 4th fight, when he failed to even knock him down, in their previous 3 meetings, so therefore Marquez must have been juicing for the 4th fight.

Comment

• Considering Russia was just hit with a huge doping scandal it would not surprise me that Povetkin is on something

Comment

• I've often seen t-shirts like that in stores and think, who the **** would buy that? I have my answer.

Comment

• I feel a lot of the time when haters talk about Wilder, they are blind to his natural fighting ability. You don't start boxing at age 20 and win an Olympic bronze medal at age 23 unless you have natural fighting ability. This is often overlooked with Wilder.

Instead they focus on his chin. And don't get me wrong, the chin is very important at heavyweight. Yes, Wilder has been dropped and stopped as an amateur (against an experienced Russian National Champion). He was also dropped by Harold Sconiers early in his pro career (he got up and stopped him the next round). But ultimately, I see this as an excuse used by haters to downplay Wilder's abilities and potential.

I've exchanged emails with some of my Russian contacts and they've told me Wilder's stoppage loss to Romanov in the amateurs isn't significant. Romanov has a reputation for heavy hands and he would have put anyone down with the punches he landed on Wilder. Wilder's goal is to learn to avoid those situations. He can't put himself in front of big right hands from any heavyweight, let alone a hard hitting one. He showed one way to avoid trouble by using his jab vs. Stiverne. Let's see if he can continue that plan (but also add some wrinkles to his game) vs. Povetkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    Povetkin has a 71 percent career KO percentage. He isn't a featherfisted guy that suddenly started scoring knockouts.

The Huck fight is a non-starter. You have to land your power shot squarly on a guy's chin to knock him out. Just being in the same ring isn't enough.

Your post screams of ignorance of boxing.

It's like saying Marquez suddenly knocked out Pacquiao in their 4th fight, when he failed to even knock him down, in their previous 3 meetings, so therefore Marquez must have been juicing for the 4th fight.
                    povetkin ko'd cabbies...then couldnt ko the top level and then he started juicing imo and now it takes one punch to ko perez lol a guy that we say take and give a life changing beating...GTFOH

Comment

• Originally posted by virgil caine View Post
                      are you a lifetime elite athlete?

You are confusing bodyweight percentage with muscular build.

You can have huge muscles but look pudgy due to bodyfat percentage. Reduce your bodyfat and your muscles become defined.
                      um excuse me that is the point..povetkin wasnt a lifetime elite athlete...
                      His body was that of a dedicated fighter...that doesnt change at 36

Comment

Working...
                      X