Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Black Panther' Hype: "Erik Killmonger Is The Best Marvel Villain Since The Joker"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    The overwhelming majority aren’t and enjoyed the movie.

You can probably infer why the the few haters are moaning from the comments on this thread
    Yea, kinda weird considering nobody makes a stink about movies with mostly white casting.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
      My kids loved it too but ...

...the movie is all about black pride in its essence often struggling against the white oppressors. I realize that most oppressors of Afroamericans have been and are white but Martin Luther King realized that many if not most whites are in the same boat and want to help. Black Panther ironically used a CIA agent as their lone white friend to be trusted even over many of their own tribe but as he's taken to the Wakanda emergency room, he is seen as just another typical "whitey" weakling with some admirable qualities.

They should have integrated whites who represent their similar predicaments and cause instead of someone who often represents the 1% that want to divide and conquer. This would also have been more realistic to the African cultures symbolized in the movie.
      This was the exact thing the movie was avoiding---it is referred to as the "The white saviour complex / trope" , and I am glad they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        This was the exact thing the movie was avoiding---it is referred to as the "The white saviour complex / trope" , and I am glad they did.
        Yeah Tuareg and Masai are mixed like Jesus but in an attempt to reverse a complex, they patronized a white CIA agent to help save the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CleneloAlvaroid View Post
          Yea, kinda weird considering nobody makes a stink about movies with mostly white casting.
          Nah, my post history shows I want my Afroasians to up their game and not give into the likes of Marvel's white savior crony capitalism like the NFL did.

You on the other hand keep making a stink about the Ginger Alvaroid while brown nosing on Roid Maywether, Roid Jones, Amphetamine Ali, etc. etc.. like their a bunch of roses

Comment

Working...
          X