Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder-Fury PPV Number is Terrible, Absolutely Terrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    Joshua is African right? Doesn't speak English correct?

We know where Fury is from and that he speaks English (kind of). We also know he's a great singers.
    Joshua is British. Born and bred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Lol at Green K

Fury stole his thunder mate his golden goose is no more

Have some red K on me
      The biggest attraction in the division is no more? Hahahahahahaha.

God you people are beyond desperate. Wilder just got made to look a fool and lost. His time will be over soon. Your hypejob is on his last legs. Joshua will go forth and create a legacy. Wilder won't even be a footnote.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        No, no one claimed this to be the biggest fight in 2018 when Canelo vs GGG just took place three months ago.

325k is sh^t? So what kind of numbers were you expecting here? You know, for one unknown guy in Wilder and another unknown commodity in the US in Fury? I mean 325k for two unknown guys is pretty damn good if you ask me.
        Americans haven't been all over this forum claiming it to be the biggest fight of the year? Where have you been? That's exactly what they have been saying. They even believe Wilder/Fury 2 is a bigger fight than Joshua/Wilder, or even Joshua/Fury. Which is also a load of mad bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Wilder is American, Golovkin is not. Surely you don't need to ask such a question?
          Pacquiao is not American, Canelo is not American, etc., etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken- View Post
            We also talk about how Pacman was afraid of drug testing back when the fight should've happened and ruined it for everyone.
            Oh I agree. I should have said "some of the".

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              The biggest attraction in the division is no more? Hahahahahahaha.

God you people are beyond desperate. Wilder just got made to look a fool and lost. His time will be over soon. Your hypejob is on his last legs. Joshua will go forth and create a legacy. Wilder won't even be a footnote.
              What world level legacy can he build if he doesn't fight the most dangerous fighter in his division?

He is the biggest attraction in GB. When he fights outside of Metro London and brings in big numbers, then your boat will be true. For now, he is the guy who has cornered your market.

Comment

Do you think Joshua/Wilder is the biggest fight in UK history in terms of PPV buys aka bigger than Joshua/Klitschko? Yes or no? If so, why do you think it is? What is the value of Wilder here? Would Joshua vs Whyte II or Joshua vs Usyk do Joshua vs Wilder numbers yes or no?

And Wilder will ABSOLUTELY make more money vs Fury in a rematch opposed to getting 30% from Joshua and getting no PPV money. The Wilder vs Fury rematch is going to be huge and get close to the million mark in the US and I'm thinking around 700-800k UK buys. Even if we were to be conservative and say it does only 600k US buys, then he still makes more money than he would if he gets 30% of the purse vs Joshua. If you don't agree with that, please break it down for me.
                After what Fury did to Wilder, no way it now does more than the Wlad fight. Wilder's hype has been brutally exposed. Fury is the fight that takes over that number.

Hearn is offering Wilder 35% of the PPV money. That will be 35% of the UK/US money. That's way beyond what Wilder is worth. After the Fury rematch is done (If he were to win) he'll be going back to making crumbs. No one else out there will have Americans paying that kind of money for dud fights regardless of how crazy you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  And golovkins latest just quadrupled it.

Btw drama show, I like Golovkin, I'm not a hater of him.

I definitely had Golovkin beating Canelo in the 1st fight, the 2nd fight was very close, the 2nd fight can actually be looked at as a draw or I can see favoring Canelo or Golovkin just slightly. It was that close for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamsmoke89 View Post
                    Check espn
                    The numbers still don't make any sense.

After the guarantee to Fury and Wilder of 3/4 Mill, they needed to get 250,000 PPV buys just to break even. I think you can work out the rest.

Comment

So THAT'S all you have to be to sell PPVs in America huh? Just be American? Ah okay, makes sense then...Oh wait, three of the biggest PPV sellers stateside the last decade were/are Canelo/Pacquiao/Cotto. How is that possible when they aren't American?????
                      Americans have a greater chance to sell than anyone else. The Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are the ones who will buy the Cotto and Canelo fights. And with Pac fighting Mexicans and Puerto Ricans a lot, he'll also become a big star.

Comment

Working...
                      X