No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk at Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    They talk before they think, we haven't even seen him at HW yet. He's jusy unified the CW division and he's the same height as Ortiz and weight as Wilder, pretty much, arguably got better skills than any HW but they're writing him off.

Wilders easily outboxed and isn't gone be able to rely on Usyks engine gassing out to get the knockout.

Fury is not gonna be able to outsmart him so easily as they both have great ring IQ's. I didn't see how his stamina held up against Wilder but it sounds like their wasn't a lot of punches so my guess is Fury may be able to be out worked.

AJ can be outboxed as well although not quite as easily as Wilder.

They're all vunerable beating Usyk is not a certainty at all at this point.
    Yeah, I can't blame them though, because we haven't seen Usyk at Heavyweight. It's still a mystery.
    Heavyweights historically are so vulnerable in certain areas. That is why smaller guys have moved up and caused them problems.
    People only mention power, but Usyk will have advantages in almost everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      I feel like Usyk will do much better than most give him credit to do. If his chin holds up, I see him being the superior boxer against definitely Wilder, and maybe even Joshua and Fury.
      He will definitely be the best boxer at Heavyweight, including Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Last night told me nothing about Usyk. He will weigh same as wilder, but lack his power. That's not the best recipe for winning hw fights. If wilder didn't have that cross, fury would have laid on him and bullied him around for 6 rounds before knocking him out.
        It's not all about power. That is where people are going wrong.
        I would like to see these guys just try to corner Usyk. They will find it harder than what people think.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Usyk would beat Fury easily. Fight wouldn't even be competitive, I bet anything that Usyk knocks him out with a body shot in the first or second round. Only Wilder would have a change against Usyk due to his power.
          Excuse me if I don't give your opinion any credit, after all you did post that Kovalev would become the greatest light heavyweight ever.

As for the topic, as good as Usyk is he flat out doesn't have the punching power to keep the big boys off him.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
            I'm a big fan but i still think it'll be a struggle. Not to say i don't think he can't do it, he has the talent.

How would he really do against Fury. People might say Cunningham give Fury problems as an ex cruiserweight and Usyk is better than Cunningham, but Fury also improved a lot after that too. Also, Fury said he has problem with Cunningham's size and speed, but Usyk is actually a bit more methodical and takes his time, which is better for Fury in a way.

Let's remember what Fury did to the cruiserweight Cunningham when he trapped him on the ropes with his size, give him the only knockout of his career, and brutally. That was sheer size and strength difference.

Usyk is my favourite fighter right now but unless he could give Fury some sort of real boxing lesson (which i doubt he can), he won't beat Fury. For Usyk to have real success at heavyweight, it's going to have to be against flat footed fighters that he can move around easily.

I could see Usyk having success with AJ though. AJ is much stiffer and Usyk can probably do more of his work against a guy like that.

Wilder is Wilder. Usyk can give him a boxing lesson on skills alone like Fury did but if he gets caught...
            Heavyweights fight at a much slower pace. Cruiserweights fight at a faster pace.
            Usyk looks like a slow starter, but I think people say that because he doesn't throw as much as he does in the later rounds, but Usyk is testing his opponent in the beginning.
            People don't see that though. They just see, "Well he isn't throwing 100 punches a round, so he must be losing."

With Wilder it'll be the story for anyone. If he catches someone it could be over. It's going to be the opponent's job to avoid that or to catch him first.

Comment

Wilder would be easy because he’s a bum. 12-0 Usyk.

Usyk likely beats Joshua too. Fury would be a bit more difficult based on style.

Comment

Usyk stops Wilder and possibly Fury. For the haters...I've been saying Usyk stops Wilder for months now. Wilder is a very small HW and his boxing pedigree is very poor. Usyk will dominate a lesser boxer

Joshua is too big for Usyk
                Last edited by Bjl12; 12-02-2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X