Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick Lewis strikes deal with Popeyes Chicken, will get free Popeyes for life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Derrick Lewis strikes deal with Popeyes Chicken, will get free Popeyes for life

Derrick Lewis is gearing up for the biggest fight of his life. “The Black Beast” will be taking on Daniel Cormier in the main event of UFC 230 inside Madison Square Garden this Saturday.

Heading into this fight, some members of the MMA bubble have suggested that Lewis didn’t deserve a title shot. Lewis himself has admitted that he might not have been the most deserving contender.

In fairness, he is 9-1 in last 10 fights and in the heavyweight division that is impressive, but part of the reason why he is getting a title shot is because of his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan at UFC 229.

Derrick Lewis was losing his UFC 229 fight against Alexander Volkov until he connected with a powerful right hand that knocked Volkov out. In the moments after this massive win, Lewis took off his shorts. When asked why he did so, he told Octagon commentator Joe Rogan: “My balls was hot.”

After this hilarious line, Lewis’ stock exploded and he gained hundreds of thousands of followers on social media. This isn’t the first time Lewis has entertained fans with his hilarious personality, of course.

Not long ago, during a backstage encounter, Derrick Lewis jokingly scolded his upcoming opponent Daniel Cormier for disrespecting Popeyes Chicken — apparently one of his favorite foods.

His choice to defend the chicken chain will pay off big time.

“Adding another layer to the fast-food war brewing heading into the UFC 230, Derrick Lewis’ manager Malki Kawa tells me Popeyes Chicken took notice of [Derrick Lewis] defending its honour and have struck a deal with him heading into this weekend’s fight. Details to come,” Ariel Helwani Tweeted on Wednesday.

Lewis’ manager clarified that this deal with grant the heavyweight free Popeyes for life in his home city of Houston. He’ll also be featured on Popeyes menu boards, while Popeyes corporate offices are likely to sweeten the pot as well.

Around the time that this news surfaced, Derrick Lewis took to Instagram with a post that included a heaping serving of Popeye’s Chicken — and his new My Balls Was Hot T-shirt, which can be purchased here.

Video of Derrick Lewis completing a Popeye’s-fuelled workout has also surfaced online, and we’ll say that it’s definitely worth watching.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/derr...eyes-for-life/

War Popeyes! Good for Lewis.

Bet the house on Cormier though. Now Lewis has no more motivation in life.

Comment

I'm a Popeye's fan & respect to Lewis on getting his, but idk if I like the combo of Derrick's balls & Louisiana chicken.

Comment

#f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;">
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;">
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;">
        View this post on Instagram
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);">
        #f4f4f4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;">
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);">
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;">
        #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)">
        #f4f4f4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);">
        #f4f4f4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);">
        #f4f4f4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);">
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 224px;">
        #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 144px;">

A post shared by Derrick Lewis (@thebeastufc) on

Comment

I wonder if there's a limit each time you go in to order with a deal like that. Like, can you walk into a Popeye's and order a ****load of food for you and your friends? Probably some kind of fine print there. He probably has to have some kind of swipe card or document to show to clerks as proof. It would be cool if you could hook up your friends though. Especially if you're having some kind of big party watching a fight night he's not a part of or the Super Bowl.

Comment

*knocks out Ronda Rousey's BF Travis Browne*

"...where Ronday Rousey fine ass at..."

Guy's hilarious. He's a draw for sure.

Here's that epic post fight recent though. I was dying

Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 10-31-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

He should also strike a deal with some kind of ice pack company. The slogans practically write themselves. "For when your balls get too hot" LMAO. Is there a clip of him saying he wants to go smoke weed with Rogan?

They should play the clip of him saying "my balls was hot" and then have an announcer say "for those times your balls get a little too hot, try our very own ice packs" and then say the brand name haha.
              Last edited by Anthony342; 11-01-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                He should also strike a deal with some kind of ice pack company. The slogans practically write themselves. "For when your balls get too hot" LMAO.
                You obviously haven't looked at his IG lmfao. He's got 4 things he's pushing right now. The My Balls shirt. The My Balls deal at Popeyes. Some headphones. And some sorta cooling massage ball thing that he was rubbing on his nuts on his IG acct.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  He should also strike a deal with some kind of ice pack company. The slogans practically write themselves. "For when your balls get too hot" LMAO. Is there a clip of him saying he wants to go smoke weed with Rogan?

They should play the clip of him saying "my balls was hot" and then have an announcer say "for those times your balls get a little too hot, try our very own ice packs" and then say the brand name haha.
                  I present the CyroSphere.

#f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;">
                  #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;">
                  #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;">
                  View this post on Instagram
                  #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);">
                  #f4f4f4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;">
                  #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);">
                  #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;">
                  #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)">
                  #f4f4f4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);">
                  #f4f4f4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);">
                  #f4f4f4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);">

This CryoSphere from Recoupfitness got me on point. This thing has stayed cold for 6 hours keeping my balls cool. Best ice pack massage tool I ever used. Check it out at recoupfitness.com and use the promo code MMA to get 15% off.

A post shared by Derrick Lewis (@thebeastufc) on

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    You obviously haven't looked at his IG lmfao. He's got 4 things he's pushing right now. The My Balls shirt. The My Balls deal at Popeyes. Some headphones. And some sorta cooling massage ball thing that he was rubbing on his nuts on his IG acct.
                    Nah, like most guys over 40, I just have email and Facebook. I tried Twitter for a while and got bored. I check out Pinterest sometimes. It was more fun when they let you save gifs of big titty chicks flashing.

Comment

Working...
                    X