Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone want to see a rematch????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by led View Post
    When Conor connected, which Khabib brushed off. That meant Conor’s done.

Only die-hard Conor fans would think he would win in a rematch.
    his stand up was always overrated imo...I don't follow the sport but watching him on occasions, for ****s and giggles, the argument seemed to be that because Floyd carried him he must be able. Even before Floyd though, and I get the different set ups necessary in MMA, he looked very tight and amatuerish.

But but he beat up Paulie!!!

I think it is complex to evaluate fighters because of all the areas in the sport. Its hard for a boxer who has to deal with being taken down...But thats part of the sport. Can Conner do better that way? Its possible, but he has to address his weakness and Rousey could not really do that.
    Last edited by billeau2; 10-08-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      i'll bet money the rematch ends a lot different. yall acting like this was conor vs aldo or something with a 1st round ko. the fight ended in the 4th round so in the rematch i can see it playing differently.

In the rematch connor would beat Floyd too right

Connor cannot compete with Khabib

Next time round he gets subbed easier or khabib ko him standing up which he almost did when he connected with that looping over hand right

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
        In the rematch connor would beat Floyd too right

Connor cannot compete with Khabib

Next time round he gets subbed easier or khabib ko him standing up which he almost did when he connected with that looping over hand right
        he fought the wrong game plan. he should have kept his distance. in the rematch im sure he'll make the correct adjustment just like in the diaz fight.

Comment

I'm Irish, and he makes it hard to make a case for him. I feel he knew he was over his head from the beginning and that's why he pushed the mind games so hard, and it didn't work. It nearly worked, when in round 2 Khabib tried to ground and pound him, that did nothing but waste energy. Mc Gregor had plaanned for it. His only hope was to throw him completely off from external factors. It played thr wrong way. For me it actually read like Ali Frazier. For McGregor it's always been about the money, he was not sure of a win so hyped it up for sales and the rematch to capitalise as much as possible, losing is not a big deal to him. He misjudged Khabib who much like Frazier took everything quite seriously. He could have won any amount of money and he would not have shook his hand after the fight. The fact he was willing to throw it all away after the fight shows how much McGregor misjudged him. But this is why MccGregor has always been about getting his name in to the business as more than a fighter, like the whiskey deal or a share in the company - he is about the money, and will tell you that. His fans delude themselves. If you see him in real life he is a tiny wee fella and tbh I'm not big, he really does have a girls belly but he is entertaining to listen to especiaally in an interview and about his family etc.

Comment

he fought the wrong game plan. he should have kept his distance. in the rematch im sure he'll make the correct adjustment just like in the diaz fight.

The best adjustment he can make is not fight khabib again

Comment

And Nate was robbed in the 2nd fight

Fact

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                And Nate was robbed in the 2nd fight

Fact
                nah.. nate lost the rematch. close fight but conor did more than nate.

Comment

does conor still play butt touch in the park with that weird guy?

Comment

I think he was trying to keep distance. This is just a rock beats scissors matchup for him I feel. If they fought 10 times I think Khabib would beat him 10 times.

All of Conor's weaknesses are Khabib's strengths. And Conor has some glaring holes in his game despite being an elite level fighter. That might sound like I'm sh^tting on Conor's ability, but its actually saying that he's one of the few mfers in recent UFC history to be so limited a guy in his abilities (virtually no ground game at all) that got so far in the game.

Generally thats something guys can't get away with today & be a successful as Conor was. I mean you can make an argument Conor was the most successful MMA guy ever just cuz of his multiple title winning performances over tip top highly thought of guys like Aldo & Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                      does conor still play butt touch in the park with that weird guy?
                      I think they upgraded to playing throw the dolly in the parking garage.

Comment

Working...
                      X