No announcement yet.

Top Rank can easily keep Crawford away from top 147ers in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    pbc cant make thurman vs spence because of arum!!!
    Haymon and Espinoza have become powerless.
    Basically helpless.
    Their fighters want big money for huge fights.
    They're broke.
    It's cheaper to make their top fighters fight nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      pbc cant make thurman vs spence because of arum!!!
      that fight is bound to happen sometime next year and you all guys gonna look silly when the fight goes down.

If i am not mistaken you guys also thought Thurman vs Porter, Thurman vs DSG and Spence vs Brook would not get made? EXACTLY.

Comment

He won't even fight Manny Pacquiao, I'd bet on that (this one wouldn't be his fault, though).

He'll fight Jeff Horn, Mike Alvarado/ (or some other washed up guy Top Rank can find like Leonard Bundu), and/or Chris Algieri. That'll be his 2018 I can almost guarantee you. I just don't want to see people on here calling him the best welter or top P4P guy after the horrid year that awaits him after a run of mediocrity at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          He won't even fight Manny Pacquiao, I'd bet on that (this one wouldn't be his fault, though).

He'll fight Jeff Horn, Mike Alvarado/ (or some other washed up guy Top Rank can find like Leonard Bundu), and/or Chris Algieri. That'll be his 2018 I can almost guarantee you. I just don't want to see people on here calling him the best welter or top P4P guy after the horrid year that awaits him after a run of mediocrity at 140.
          Spence fought those guys doe.
          As recently as last year doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Lomachenko-GRJ
            Good example but that fight went to purse bid. With the WBO in fold, he doesn’t have to do that anymore.

Now look at the flip side, 2016-present.

GGG-Jacobs
            GGG-Wade
            Canelo-Khan
            Canelo-Chavez Jr.
            Crawford-Diaz
            Crawford-Molina

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              Haymon and Espinoza have become powerless.
              Basically helpless.
              Their fighters want big money for huge fights.
              They're broke.
              It's cheaper to make their top fighters fight nobodies.
              I don't know if you been following boxing in 2017 but before Thurman injured he had a unification fight with Danny Garcia. Errol Spence went all the way to the UK to get the IBF strap from Kell Brook. Haymon does make big fights happen and he will continue to do so in 2018, just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                Spence fought those guys doe.
                As recently as last year doe.
                Yes he did and it wasn't some big accomplishment. That's why i'm sure Arum will try to line them up for Crawford, it's how he operates.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Good example but that fight went to purse bid. With the WBO in fold, he doesn’t have to do that anymore.

Now look at the flip side, 2016-present.

GGG-Jacobs
                  GGG-Wade
                  Canelo-Khan
                  Canelo-Chavez Jr.
                  Crawford-Diaz
                  Crawford-Molina
                  Oh no Haymon's much better at feeding his fighters to rival promotions. I'm not arguing that although a lot of it has been facilitated by PBC's struggles. With that said purse bids themselves aren't binding. Otherwise we would have seen Kovalev-Pimp by now.

Comment

Wow its crazy how people get in their feelings when talking about Al Haymon, acting as if he is the only one making lesser fights in between the big ones. I mean i could swear Loma fought Miguel Marriega before the Rigo fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Oh no Haymon's much better at feeding his fighters to rival promotions. I'm not arguing that although a lot of it has been facilitated by PBC's struggles. With that said purse bids themselves aren't binding. Otherwise we would have seen Kovalev-Pimp by now.
                      True, they certainly aren't binding. They also aren't needed with the WBO in fold.

Whatever the reason for PBC fighters crossing over, it's happened far more frequently. Arum? Not so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X