Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think Mayweather can't go broke? Think again...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Sorry but me worrying about Mayweather money does nothing for me personally WTF are people getting out of HOPING he goes broke? Seems like a "Misery Loves Company" type of thing when people take the time to talk about his money

What he does with his money is his business, he is lucky enough he can still comeback and make 9 Figures even if he does run into trouble financially while most people work a hard 9 to 5 job just to keep our Lights On!

Who's to say his return is not apart of these New Deals with Showtime and Fox? Who's to say Showtime and Fox is not behind Pacquiao joining Al Haymon and PBC? Doesn't mean he is in trouble financially maybe he is being offered crazy amount of money to return
    Well for me, finance, stocks, bonds, real estate and business in general really fascinate me.

I love to read and study both sides. The greats like Warren Buffet, Slim, Jobs and Gates. I also really like to read about cases like Hammer, Tyson, Holyfield, and soon, Mayweather over bad financial decisions.

One of my favorite documentaries is Broke- Espn 30 for 30. I love all this stuff. It's not so personal for me, as it is fascinating. It's what I studied in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
      Mayweather is looking to get back in the ring. Soon. Because he likes getting hit on the head? Because he likes the grind?

No, because the well is starting to dry up. A fool and his money are soon parted.
      You have no idea if that's true. Some people, no matter how much money they have, just want more. Some people, no matter how much money they have, just can't live without the spotlight and attention.

If Floyd ever went broke, it wouldn't shock me, as many in his position have gone broke. But to automatically assume he's gone broke because he wants to keep fighting is a bit silly. Fighting is all he knows. It's all he's done. Sports history is full of guys who saved their money but still couldn't resist coming back.

Michael Jordan was far from broke when he came back to play for the Wizards. Bernard Hopkins was far from broke when he kept coming back to fight over and over. Same thing for George Foreman and countless others.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        You have no idea if that's true. Some people, no matter how much money they have, just want more. Some people, no matter how much money they have, just can't live without the spotlight and attention.

If Floyd ever went broke, it wouldn't shock me, as many in his position have gone broke. But to automatically assume he's gone broke because he wants to keep fighting is a bit silly. Fighting is all he knows. It's all he's done. Sports history is full of guys who saved their money but still couldn't resist coming back.

Michael Jordan was far from broke when he came back to play for the Wizards. Bernard Hopkins was far from broke when he kept coming back to fight over and over. Same thing for George Foreman and countless others.
        Fair enough.

He has a new megamansion though. A big no no as the upkeep for it looks to be in the millions per year range.

Comment

Yup. He has one legitimate money multiplying skill...boxing. Doesn't know any other way.

He can get back in the ring, sure, but only for the next 5 years. Once that window closes, it's closed.

No one is going to watch a 50 year old Floyd take on Ryan Garcia or Gervonta davis in 2025.
          5 years is really generous. After Pac, anyone he's going to get seriously paid for fighting will be a legit threat. And his skills are declining by the day. Is Floyd willing to take an L?

At his age, even a Canelo fight at 160 is a seriously bad idea. Guys like Crawford and Spence are just too young, talented and strong.

Once he takes an L, he could still be in big fights, but the insane paydays are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
            floyd will never go broke unless he develops an addiction
            HE does already

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              You absolutely should put him in the category with Pac, because he may have made more money but he's just as stupid with it.

Floyd already went broke too, after being retired for less than 2 years. ODLH had to loan him millions of dollars so his purse wouldn't be seized by the IRS before the Marquez fight. And he was in trouble again pre-McGregor, when he still hadn't paid the IRS $20 million from his 2015 taxes.

Floyd gambles, lives a lavish lifestyle and puts his money in bull**** vanity investments like a strip club or a promotional company. He'll be broke again before you know it, hence why he's coming out of retirement for the.... 3rd time?
              Woah you seem angry buddy

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Woah you seem angry buddy
                Numbers sound angry to you?

Comment

He's fighting Khabib doe.

Comment

Well for me, finance, stocks, bonds, real estate and business in general really fascinate me.

I love to read and study both sides. The greats like Warren Buffet, Slim, Jobs and Gates. I also really like to read about cases like Hammer, Tyson, Holyfield, and soon, Mayweather over bad financial decisions.

One of my favorite documentaries is Broke- Espn 30 for 30. I love all this stuff. It's not so personal for me, as it is fascinating. It's what I studied in college.
                    Oh OK I get it, post not really directed at you but more so In General, some have this weird fascination of one day seeing Mayweather fall and to me that can bring Negative Karma on to Oneself when people go out of their way to hope, wish and pray for somebody else downfall

He could very well go broke one day but Mayweather Broke would be different from the Average Persons "BROKE". He can sell off Assets to get caught up on his Financial Woes. Even Currently if he is indeed having issues, he is still fortunate enough to have the option to come back and fight a Khabib or Rematch with McGregor and/or Pacquiao and make a Ridiculous amount of money and get caught up on his finances AGAIN if that is truly the case. I don't think buying a $18 Million Watch or having 2 Private Jets is smart either but again it is his money that he earned with his 2 Hands LITERALLY
                    Last edited by sicko; 10-22-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Until he physically couldn't? Mike could sit on ass at the first sign of trouble at least four or five more times before people stopped lining his pockets.

Mike did not get beaten out of boxing he quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X