No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Still Has Time To Enhance His Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Still Has Time To Enhance His Legacy

By Michael Rosenthal - The beauty of Gennady Golovkin's accomplishments thus far is in the eye of the beholder. I think we can all agree that Triple-G has been and remains an exceptionally good fighter, certainly one of the best of his era. He will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. But does he truly have the resume of a great fighter? Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe somewhere in between. The obvious argument for Golovkin is his consistency over a long period. His handlers proudly point out that a victory over Canelo...
    [Click Here To Read More]

GGG should move to 168 after this fight. He is getting too slow for middleweight as he ages.

Comment

All that said, however, the fact remains that Golovkin still doesn’t have a defining victory at 36 years old. Can you name another great fighter without at least one special performance against an elite opponent? Most have more than one.
      Couldn't agree more. A Canelo win is a must if he wants to be remembered among the greats. Nevertheless, i agree that whatever result he's HOF material.

Comment

Even peaking Canelo ("face of boxing") couldn't beat 35 year old GGG. It is enough to say that GGG is one of the best of his era.

Comment

It's the other way around he could not soundly beat a guy fighting at 160 for the 1st time. HOF but not ATG. Simply too much of a puss to challenge 168

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            GGG should move to 168 after this fight. He is getting too slow for middleweight as he ages.
            At his 36? No, he is done. He should retire if he doesn't want to be knocked out badly.

Comment

ggg Hall of Fame? for beating bums,lol

Comment

Originally posted by johndoefoe View Post
                ggg Hall of Fame? for beating bums,lol
                Yes, for beating bums including Runelo Alvaroid ..

Comment

He's the best middleweight of this era by a wide margin if you ask me, but IMO he could have been so much more. His unwillingness to go to 168 outside of cashouts makes it hard for me to call him an ATG, but his run is impressive, and could look even better with Alvarez as a scalp.

Comment

He needs to beat canelo convincingly then fight Saunders if he wins then charlo and rematch Jacobs. If he can pull that off then he should be alright

Comment

Working...
                    X