Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Do you think Ruiz Jr. deserved the rematch?
Yes, he deserves 18 94.74%
No (Please specify the reason) 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2016, 10:05 PM #11
Brawski

Quoted: 3975 Post(s)
.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,672,822,199,581,588,586,496.00
Total Points: 7,672,830,199,581,589,372,928.00
thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 
4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 
You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 Bias poster. - mrdogtown1975 Cheers Bro! - BoxingFan85 My - 1hourRun Ninja - 1hourRun 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
Logic is a dirty word around here.
Logic is like a sin around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltschmerz View Post
Ruiz is more skilled than Parker, I think that was the logic here. And it was a close fight as we know, it's not like Parker dominated the guy, Ruiz was pressing the action most of the time.
Bro, you can't call the guy who won the fight 'not special' while calling the loser 'skilled'. That's like ass backwards wtf?
.:: JSFD26 ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-13-2016, 10:11 PM #12
Up and Comer

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
BoloPuncher1 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,006,925.50

I felt like Ruiz edged it (115-113).
Having said that, I'm just not sold on him as a top heavyweight. And I don't base that off of his physique; I know he has worked hard to shed off a lot of that excess weight.
He hasn't really fought very good competition or a variety of styles. So that in and of itself makes it hard to gauge just how good he is. He hasn't exactly looked spectacular against the limited opposition he's faced.
I like Joseph Parker, but he just doesn't look like he's ready for the top heavyweights at this point. I mean, if you're gun shy against Takam and Ruiz, what happens when you are faced with Joshua, Wilder, Wlad, Povetkin or even Pulev.
I was more impressed with Whyte and Chisora than I was Parker and Ruiz.
BoloPuncher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:20 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2117 Post(s)
Mexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond reputeMexican_Puppet has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,138,060.42
Mexican_Puppet knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
It was a close fight, but the majority of impartials feel Parker won the fight.

CompuBox numbers came out today and have Parker throwing more, and landing more, so that's another feather in the cap I guess.

I'd like to see Ruiz after a few more months of conditioning work - he didn't look like he had much left at the back end of the fight.
What the **** are you talking about?

The majority thinks that Parker was **** and the fight was at least a draw.

The stats are very similar.

Parker won because burger king hahahaha.

Draw. And Ruiz deserves the rematch in U.S.A
Mexican_Puppet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:16 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2387 Post(s)
GMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond reputeGMAN SUPREME has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 300,121,145.82
Cunt - TyphoonFloyd For the secret Floyd crush you disguise with hate - TyphoonFloyd Shit poster - TyphoonFloyd Top poster - Freedom. I'll hit you with green k as soon as I can! - King Krusher 
No Message - King Krusher Ward 115-112 - siablo14 

ruiz is nothing special.parker looked like **** to me he's without a doubt the weakest link/belt holder at heavyweight.
GMAN SUPREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:42 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1159 Post(s)
KillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond reputeKillaCamNZ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,081,979.50
Great post. - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
What the **** are you talking about?

The majority thinks that Parker was **** and the fight was at least a draw.

The stats are very similar.

Parker won because burger king hahahaha.

Draw. And Ruiz deserves the rematch in U.S.A
I'd like to see some backup to this claim. I've posted a number of reference points where opinions of boxing writers have been collated, and the majority see Parker winning. Oh, but..you mean NSB posters, right?

The stats are similar? The only argument people have come up with so far is that "Ruiz was pressing and the busier fighter". Yet Parker threw over 20% more punches than Ruiz - and landed more. Ruiz simply didn't collect enough rounds, he didn't have enough in the tank.

Boxing fans are stupid and ride the narrative until it's dead - don't perpetuate this notion.
KillaCamNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
andy, ruiz

User Tag List