Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: I 100% Believe That I Will Take Oleksandr Usyk Apart!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Agreed.

Gassiev actually going 12 in that fight and throwing one looping right hand at a time was unbecoming really for a world
    Level fighter and I bet he regrets it now.

You’ve got to go out on your shield really. I know we’re not the ones taking punches but Gassiev basically stopped trying.

Fans need to be more appreciative of the guys that do give everything and have to get put down before accepting defeat. Like Povetkin against AJ.

Povetkin had to be nailed to the floor. He can have zero regrets
    Just wanted to say that was a great comment

Good poster

Comment

Originally posted by Dontae She'marc View Post
      Just wanted to say that was a great comment

Good poster
      Ta, mate. It’s a pet peeve of mine that being laid out is seem like some sort of embarrassment after a valiant effort has been put up and that alternatively swallowing it and fiddling your way to 12 rounds is better because UD loss reads better than a stoppage defeat

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Agreed.

Gassiev actually going 12 in that fight and throwing one looping right hand at a time was unbecoming really for a world
        Level fighter and I bet he regrets it now.

You’ve got to go out on your shield really. I know we’re not the ones taking punches but Gassiev basically stopped trying.

Fans need to be more appreciative of the guys that do give everything and have to get put down before accepting defeat. Like Povetkin against AJ.

Povetkin had to be nailed to the floor. He can have zero regrets. It’s a dangerous sport but at this level they owe it to themselves to have a last throw of the dice.

I’m not talking about part time boxers at regional levels but World Class boxers with a 3 month camp behind them and a life time of boxing experience.

Fans are a problem though. Hatton could have clung to Mayweather like a limpet for the championship rounds of that fight and I think he’d be more keenly remembered by some. When really throwing what he did and when he did and getting highlight reel KO’d was the right thing to do, lol
        Yeah Gassiev was a big disappointment in that fight... the only thing I learned from that is you can take the guys heart away and he will stop trying.

Another one recently was Parker in the Joshua fight. I believed he could win if he took him late and then pressured him, instead, he coasted to a points loss!? Povetkin tried to land those big hooks I wanted to see Parker going for... of course he got beat but like you say at least he tried and busted Joshua's nose, made him adjust..

At World title level you have to try at least. There's nothing more respectful in boxing than a guy that gets outboxed, knows he's losing and has to leave it all the ring in the last few rounds chasing a KO to keep or win a title.

I believe Bellew will be that guy in this fight.... and if he gets caught, dropped or KO'd going for the KO, he gets the same respect than if he pulls it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          Bellew won't win a round.
          but he could still end up winning the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            I have a feeling Bellew is at the peak of his career now, he knows what he does well, what he doesn't, and boxes accordingly.

I can see Bellew having some success and making this exciting at times.... Usyk should take over later in the fight and Bellew will go out on his shield.

Looking forward to this fight.
            What is it he does well ?

Comment

usyk will dominant bellew easily LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                What is it he does well ?
                Trades well mid-range and inside. Has quick footwork and can close distance suddenly, good going backwards as well. Decent jab and right hand..... knows how to pace himself. Good power.

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                  Bellew has got too used to fighting men with one leg. He will be in for a shock when he see's a man across the ring who has 2 fully functional legs.

Exactly!

He believes in his head he beat the worlds most dangerous heavyweight twice and now he's ready for anyone. The truth is he fought a washed up injured cruiserweighwhich leaves Bellew woefully unprepared for a guy like Usyk.

If we ignore the two Haye fights which we have to cus they were pointless, then what's Bellew done. Points win over cleverly. Ko win after getting decked by an unknown African ..... he hasn't shown he has anything to beat Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Respect to him for selling this fight. The guy knows how to get people interested. I still think it's garbage though and that Usyk could beat 2 Bellew's at the same time.
                    This comment made me start choking on Ritz in the middle of my class. I can only imagine two stupid Bellew faces coming at Usyk at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      Trades well mid-range and inside. Has quick footwork and can close distance suddenly, good going backwards as well. Decent jab and right hand..... knows how to pace himself. Good power.
                      Knows how to avoid get beaten up, not open up ?

Comment

Working...
                      X