No announcement yet.

Is dog fighting really that bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Have you seen the conditions that animals go through in slaughterhouses and medical experiments there is equally as much pain and suffering for those animals

I have a employee who worked in a turkey slaughterhouse while they were alive the turkeys were jammed packed in cages with no room to move and when it was time to die theyd electrocute them then boil them and then slit their throat and that was one of the more humane slaughterhouses.

In Bullriding they strap up the stomach around the balls causing the animal massive amount pain that's why it bucks and before they open the gates hit it with electricity to get it real rowdy

Most elephants in confinement get the absolute sh.it beat out of them to make them docile and obedient.

The only reason most humans have a issue with dog fighting is because most humans love dogs and place them above other animals. Dog fighting isn't really any worse then how people treat most animals for our food , entertainment and medicinal studies.
    I'm not pro dog fighting and have never purposely hurt a animal but if your ok with mistreating every other animal for our benifit then being outraged by dog fighting makes little sense to me
    You make valid points and I'm certainly aware of some of the things you describe here and similar circumstances with live stock, etc. I will happily pay more for welfare chickens (and other meat products, etc.), for example.

There is clearly a level of hypocrisy involved though, and I am no saint because I used to enjoy bullfighting. As I said, I am no judge, but I couldn't enjoy participating in, watching dog fighting. It's just too ****ing nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Yes it's a despicable ghetto practice.
      English aristocrats supported it for centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        English aristocrats supported it for centuries.
        Past tense being the key here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Past tense being the key here.
            Point being that if rich whiteys from Europe helped spread the practice then it isn't really ghetto.

Comment

Point being that if rich whiteys from Europe helped spread the practice then it isn't really ghetto.
              No all you're doing is laying the blame at other peoples doors for behaviour that is taking place today.

Comment

No all you're doing is laying the blame at other peoples doors for behaviour that is taking place today.
                Dog fighting was hugely popular in England for hundreds of years.

The English are directly responsible for bringing the practice over to the American colonies.

Those are just facts.

Comment

Dog fighting was hugely popular in England for hundreds of years.

The English are directly responsible for bringing the practice over to the American colonies.

Those are just facts.
                  You're completely missing the point.

Should I bring back slavery because that happened in the past?.

Are you that stupid?.

How does this need explaining ?.

Comment

You're completely missing the point.

Should I bring back slavery because that happened in the past?.

Are you that stupid?.

How does this need explaining ?.
                    The point is that Hype Job called dog fighting a ghetto practice.

The reason this activity even survived and made it to America in the first place was because it was funded and protected by wealthy English aristocrats. Who weren't ghetto by any definition I can think of.

Do you understand? Or are you that stupid that I need to explain it further?
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-04-2016, 04:48 AM.

Comment

There is a difference btw shooting them to eat and making them engage in combat, making them suffer.

Comment

Working...
                      X