Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marquez knockout of Pacquiao was not a lucky punch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man it was bound to happen he always does that double pump fake followed by the straight left, Marquez practiced for it and Pacquaio was dumb enough to fall back on it.

Comment

A well timed punch not lucky, just well placed if he hadn't timed him and caught him that time who's to say it wouldnt have continued the way of the ass whooping Pac was starting to put on Marquez or maybe Marquez would have timed him on another round blablabla all speculative bs Marquez placed a great shot and that was it what happened happened.

Comment

Emmanuel Marquez Pacquiao is his new name after JMM sonned him.

Comment

I wonder how the fight between pacquiao and rios turn out if pacquiao changes the way he fights because of the knockout from Marquez.

Comment

Marquez is a famous counter puncher with sharp eyes, quick reactions, and deadly accuracy. Pacquiao was winning the fight and had Marquez going. Pacquiao got reckless and left an opening and Marquez took advantage of that opening. So it was not luck, it was skill. That does not mean he would KO Pacquiao if they fought again. These two are always a close match and either man could win a 5th fight. Pacquiao could win by KO if he got the right punches in. He has put Marquez down 5 times and almost KOed him in the first round of their 1st fight.

Comment

Comment

The *******s are 0 for 3 Pacquiao Ko'd, Hawain Punch lost Flash Donaire lost who's the next Pino to lose ?

Comment

I remember watching a youtube highlight of Marquez landing that same exact counter on numerous opponents including previous Pac fights. I can't call that lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
                    The Marquez knockout of Pacquiao was not a lucky punch? When will pac+ards realize this?
                    Lucky or not Pac was koed by it so end this story.

Comment

Can you link us to that video? I saw the one with his sparring partner, and remember him using that same punch in fights 2 and 3, but would be interested in seeing a compilation of his right hand counter.

While I do know it was Marquez's skill that let him capitalize on that mistake by Pacquiao, I believe a bit of luck also happened. Pacquiao went in exactly how Marquez wanted him too, he actually telegraphed his movement from farther than normal and Marquez was in the exact position to create the most leverage. Also at the same time that all of this was going on Pacquiao slipped by stepping on Marquez's foot.

Any guy not named Ward, Mayweather, Marquez, Klitschko, Rigondeaux would not have the skills to do that. But there was still luck. Unless it damaged Pacquiao, I doubt Marquez could get another one punch KO victory of Pacquiao.
                      Last edited by Randomum; 05-12-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X