Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo accepting the WBC's Trinket be detrimental? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Canelo accepting the WBC's Trinket be detrimental? Official Poll!

How will Canello tred water in that shark tank that is 154 lbs after he puts the WBC target on his back? Can anyone name 2 legitimate opponents for Canelo to defend his "strap" against that won't result in an overhwhelming uproar from boxing fans? Giving Cinnamon this belt too soon will likely work against his development and credibility. IMO this could be another case of Golden Boy doing a **** job guiding a young prospect and potential cash cow.

Uncle Bob has been milking JCC Jr., for years now and knew better than to give him a belt too soon that would serve no purpose other than to fuel skeptics. And guess what, JCC Jr. is finally getting to the point where it appears we're seeing his best(it's not that good, but it's terrible) I think this belt will hinder Canelo's future more than enrich. What does everyone else think? Can anyone name 2 next fights for him that he can actually win while not being crucified by fans/media? Please discuss
    Yes.
    100.00%
    No.
    0.00%

Non-issue cos he aint getting past Magic Matt Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Non-issue cos he aint getting past Magic Matt Hatton
      I haven't seen much Matthat, what's el ginger need to look out for?

Comment

it's cool he can be like berto and be a "champ" for years without fighting anyone note worthy in the division

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          it's cool he can be like berto and be a "champ" for years without fighting anyone note worthy in the division
          Yeah, but I can't think of many fighters everyone hates more than Berto.. So, Canelo is going to pay a load of money for sanctioning fees and unnecessary criticism.. Questionable decision. Will his PPV's sell that much better b/c he's got the strap?

Comment

Carlos quintana fights tommorow,If he wins i could see him fighting canelo.
            There is ryan rhodes,cotto,margarito,mosley.I believe those are fights he
            can win imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              Yeah, but I can't think of many fighters everyone hates more than Berto.. So, Canelo is going to pay a load of money for sanctioning fees and unnecessary criticism.. Questionable decision. Will his PPV's sell that much better b/c he's got the strap?
              no, I hear you. He would gain a ton of respect if he publicly turned down the belt for this fight.

Often the only times fighters are hated on is because they hold some crappy belt or they are highly rated for no reason. Like is it Chavez jr's fault the WBC ranks him #1?

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                Carlos quintana fights tommorow,If he wins i could see him fighting canelo.
                There is ryan rhodes,cotto,margarito,mosley.I believe those are fights he
                can win imo.
                I think those would all be entertaining, but for me I'd only give him a win against Rhodes.. Hopefully he does something like that though. Although considering they're mostly TR.. It's not likely.

Comment

Working...
                X