No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Rigondeaux Finalized For December 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Ringside is good if your in the first 2-3 rows otherwise slightly elevated level is where it's at ALWAYS. Floor seats can be rough in a corner usually not worth the gamble. Center ring and first 4-5 rows of elevated is the seat and best value.
    Yeah I like about 10-15 rows back, first level. It helps eliminate the ropes in most arenas.

Comment

• this thread did more views faster than anything GGG vs Alvarez this week

Comment

• Cannot wait for this man, got Lomachenko by TKO.

Now if only the undercards were stacked for this, oh man would love to see Inoue on the undercard of this fight! **** now that I think about it, is Inoue signed with anybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Ringside sucks. Maybe that's why there are so many bad decisions. Lol I prefer to be looking down on the fighters myself, like on TV. Depending on the venue, however, that can put you a little farther back.
          I have actually wondered that if you put 3 judges, each in a separate sound proof room, no sound of commentary to be heard, each with a high def TV from a different camera or the same cameras, if better decisions would be rendered. Aside from corruption, I think the good quality judges would probably score fights better than ringside with them trying to peep through the ropes and all the distractions. Those ringside seats suck.....so much better looking down at the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            I have actually wondered that if you put 3 judges, each in a separate sound proof room, no sound of commentary to be heard, each with a high def TV from a different camera or the same cameras, if better decisions would be rendered. Aside from corruption, I think the good quality judges would probably score fights better than ringside with them trying to peep through the ropes and all the distractions. Those ringside seats suck.....so much better looking down at the ring.
            In theory, that would be a great idea, but it wouldn't work in practice, especially with smaller shows, where the budget simply wouldn't allow it. The judges should all get the same view, in my opinion, which isn't the case in live fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
              Cannot wait for this man, got Lomachenko by TKO.

Now if only the undercards were stacked for this, oh man would love to see Inoue on the undercard of this fight! **** now that I think about it, is Inoue signed with anybody?
              Someone mentioned Inoue's more likely to fight end Dec in Japan as that's their traditional fight day (and he has indeed fought end Dec in 2014/15/16). But hope he changes up and uses the momentum in the US to target either this undercard or the Estrada/Rungvisai one. Ideally Cuadras, with winner getting winner of main bout again (wouldn't mind an Estrada Cuadras rematch if the chips fell that way, but more likely Inoue vs no idea who wins the other).

But yes, Inoue on undercard would make it 3 of The Rings top10 P4P fighters on the same card !

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

yall can stfu now

greent

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  I think bad decisions stem from the subjective nature of boxing. More so than corruption or bad seating. Most people prefer action and reward aggression, whether it's effective or not. I'm a guy that enjoys defense. If a guy puts on a defensive masterpiece, I have no problem giving a guy a round without him throwing a single punch.

I think a big contributor to "bad decisions" we see in big fights is judges judging having a preconceived notion of what they think each fighter is trying to do. Floyd Mayweather is a prime example. Floyd beat Pacquiao. But, Floyd was given more credit than he deserved at times when he really wasn't doing much effective work himself. Several of the rounds in that fight could have been scored even, because neither guy did anything. But because the round was fought at a pace that we assumed was a Floyd pace, he was given the round. That's just human nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    What a stupid fucking way to look at.

Either of these two losing to the other doesn't make them a "myth" or "hype".

They're two of the best fighters on the goddamn planet.
                    I'm talking about the idiots on here who think loma is nothing but hype and who's going to get schooled easily by rigo.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Ringside sucks. Maybe that's why there are so many bad decisions. Lol I prefer to be looking down on the fighters myself, like on TV. Depending on the venue, however, that can put you a little farther back.
                      yeah agreed. ringside isn't exactly the best seats a lot of things can block the action. I prefer to watch from up above but not too far lol. stub hub center has great seats there's not a bad seat in the building.

Comment

Working...
                      X