Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: Wilder is NOT Getting Paid Until He Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
    I can't tell if all these people defending Povetkin and turning it around on Wilder as if he was the one that came up a cheat are trolling or genuinely believe they are in the right. Dude got caught, fight should be off for the good of the sport. It sucks because this fight was going to answer a lot of questions of where Wilder truly stands in the Heavyweight division and if Povetkin had anything left. More of this is going to happen as the sport begins to clean up. You see it in every other sport as well. Going to get worse before it gets better. Why is everyone so upset with Wilder?
    Thing is his test was 15 times under the limit under WADA. So how strict was this testing against Povetkin if his levels were that low under another agency?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      You don't get the whole earning potential thing do you?

Wilder could have fought someone else in April already if it wasn't for Povetkin asking for extentions after extentions and then getting caught cheating. That's a purse of at least 1 million Wilder could have got fighting another wbc ranked guy, but instead, Povetkin has made him wait and wait and then tested positive, causing another delay.

Povetkin has to pay for that missed opportunity, Wilder couldn't get earnings that he would have got because of Povetkin.
      The term means something different to me, but if its something specific in US law, I don't know anything about it. Nor do I pretend to. In that case, theres an argument there, but nothing drastic.

Wilder can face an opponent on short(ish) notice, right?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        The degradation of Wilder here in light of the fact that he is not the one who cheated is outright mind-boggling! All Povetkin had to do was not fail a drug test and Saturday Wilder would have done what many accused he would not do, step into the ring against Povetkin. Simple. If Wilder never wants to fight Povetkin, I wouldn't blame him. Just because a fighter cycles off PED's, does not mean their body as a whole no longer carries any advantage. Some advantages can remain and are unfair. And when a fighter is clean 3 times and then dirty for the last test, it means something was introduced into their system since the first three....there is no logical way to see that any differently with what the testing agency reported.
        Under WADA his levels were 15 times under the limit. So why was VADA so strict on him? And why did Wilder on his team take the earliest flight home and say the fight was off before finding out the all the details. The whole deal seems fishy, I am for a clean sport but Povetkin had very low levels and passed previous tests.

Comment

Here they go again... Find a way to get the fight postponed because they know they need every advantage they can get against Wilder... Then try to talk bull**** to the public and make it seem like Deontay is the one ducking.

If you ask me, that's straight up pathetic. Cowardly and pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by /// View Post
            Every time I post the truth (Povetkin is clean according to WADA guidelines -- VADA asked for more time/WBC postponed -- Wilder's team CANCELLED) I get a bunch of messages from people who don't even know what race I am threatening me and making thinly veiled black powa comments.

Getting a ****ing life you cowardly losers. You're on the internet, on a sports forum. ****ing terrified chicken****s.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I may not agree with a number of Floyd's decisions but I can honestly say I have never accused him of being a coward but yeah, many have. I've always thought both he and Pac took a back and forth prima donna approach but that's a whole nother country as they say in Texas. I do wish people who were biased would at least slip in and out of that biased once in a while rather than have tunnel vision based on whatever it is the prefer or hold against a fighter or certain types of fighters.

True..... but, no matter which camp you supported..... the question marks were hanging over one guy, yet the blame/hate was directed toward the other guy LMAO.

I could just see a parallel to this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
                Thing is his test was 15 times under the limit under WADA. So how strict was this testing against Povetkin if his levels were that low under another agency?
                But he signed to be tested by VADA not WADA so why bring up WADA? I mean I get the issues you're hinting at. These agencies should have more unified limits etc. but that's another issue altogether. Everything that's been reported has just been insanely shady on Povetkins part. Whether it was him or his party or whatever, it doesn't bold well for him. Sounds even worse when he goes around saying, well I used it, but haven't since that January date. And I like Povetkin. I was rooting for him against Klitschko and rooting for him against Wilder but it's insane to not hold him accountable for this one. Just take the fake L and move on, just don't try to put this on Wilder.

Comment

Is there anyone who's gotten a promised purse when someone came up dirty? I'd assume its just a f#cked up situation if that happens & you don't get ****.

Comment

why would wilder get paid for?

Comment

Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
                      Under WADA his levels were 15 times under the limit. So why was VADA so strict on him? And why did Wilder on his team take the earliest flight home and say the fight was off before finding out the all the details. The whole deal seems fishy, I am for a clean sport but Povetkin had very low levels and passed previous tests.
                      If you had trained your a$$ off with all the hard work and expenses and believed that Povetkin could still carry an advantage later, you might do the same thing! If Wilder wanted the EASIEST route, he would NOT have gone to Russia and trained and prepared to step in the ring Saturday, period!! Let Povetkin take 6 months of 24/7 VADA and come clean and then perhaps Wilder would revisit the fight later. No way in hell does a fighter sign the fight, train his a$$ off, know that he will be paid MULTI-MILLIONS and the find some easy way out! HE showed up to fight and make a ton of money. Whose to say they wont reschedule once all parties calm down and some restrictions get placed on Povetkin. Remember, people complaining......many of them said Wilder would never get in the ring with Povetkin and Saturday he was all set to do JUST THAT!

Comment

Working...
                      X