Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's W over GGG THE greatest victory ever for mexican boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    Ok I can see a case for Sal-Gomez being #1 as he was a dominant champ in his prime and had beaten the legendary Carlos Zarate at that point...

would you say Canelo w over GGG is #2 ?
    You keep discrediting those great victories by pointing out the losers resume lmao. Yell us how ggg resume is better.. Who has truple jab beat? How many hof fighters has triple jab beat? Oh oh i know.... ZERO

Comment

If not, can someone point me at a major victory for mexican boxing than a mexican beating one of the greatest MW ever (MW being a division where mexicans usually dont shine at all), who was the dominant champion, with nearly 20 defenses, a brilliant amateur career, undefeated, record holder for most KOs of any MW champion ever, and was at least at the tail end of his prime?

This victory seems better than Chavez Sr over Meldrick Taylor, Marquez icing a Pacquiao with multiple previous losses or Salvador Sanchez beating a green Azumah Nelson

did Canelo just gave Mexico its greatest boxing victory?

GGG biggest win is a razor thin decision over daniel jacobs 😆😆😆

The answer to your question is No

Comment

GGG is not ATG at MW I'd rate Sergio Martinez higher than GGG never mind Hops

Comment

Hahahahaha

No way

Yes it was good but just off the top of my head Chávez v Taylor and Marquez stopping pac easily greater

See the problem is gggs fan you guys overrated the guy badly so in your eyes the upset was huge but I’m reality it wasn’t as big as you thought

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Not even close. Even Margaritos win over Cotto was better.
            Even if his wraps were loaded?

Comment

Chavez over Whitaker has some common ground.

Comment

much better competition? like who? Malignaggi? a washed up Mosley? How's that better than GGGs utter dominance over the MW division for years and years? GGGs w over Jacobs alone should be rated at least as high as any of Cottos best Ws

Cotto is far from an ATG, he's a HOFer and thats it. GGG is an ATG mw by his dominance of the division alone. Same reason Hopkins is considered an ATG mw, even if his MW resume wasnt that deep

1- Azumah Nelson was green as a cucumber in that fight, he was far from being considered the ¨GOAT african boxer¨at that point of his career

2- Hamed was a dominant champ but fought nobody of note, Barrera was his first real test and he failed

3- Pacquiao had 4 losses and 2 draws before that fight, and Marquez needed 4 tries, roids and a lucky punch to KO him, if anything, Morales W over a prime Pac was more impressive (any Post Margarito version of Pac is washed up to a degree)
                That is your opinion but...OK?

Comment

If not, can someone point me at a major victory for mexican boxing than a mexican beating one of the greatest MW ever (MW being a division where mexicans usually dont shine at all), who was the dominant champion, with nearly 20 defenses, a brilliant amateur career, undefeated, record holder for most KOs of any MW champion ever, and was at least at the tail end of his prime?

This victory seems better than Chavez Sr over Meldrick Taylor, Marquez icing a Pacquiao with multiple previous losses or Salvador Sanchez beating a green Azumah Nelson

did Canelo just gave Mexico its greatest boxing victory?
                  Nope it wasn’t close. For me it is Marquez knocking pacquiao. Regardless of the issues surrounding it, and as a pinoy, it’ll probably be the biggest victory I will see in my lifetime.
                  Rivalry for 8 years ending in an epic KO in an epic back to back battle.

Canelo v GGG II was a close fight with no decisive winner. A great victory nonetheless.

Comment

No.

Marquez knocking the prime out of Pacquiao was a much bigger win.

I'm a big fan of Golovkin, but he's no all-time great like Pacquiao, not even close to his level. And Canelo barely won on the scorecards, Marquez's win over Pac can't be anymore decisive. Pac is my favorite fighter, and even I was happy for Marquez. That's how meaningful that win was.

Comment

Not all time. Marquez knocking out Pacquiao was bigger.

But it is the biggest win in the last 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X