Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cormier says he’ll be regarded as greatest ever after UFC 226: ‘No cheaters included’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cormier says he’ll be regarded as greatest ever after UFC 226: ‘No cheaters included’

LAS VEGAS — Jon Jones who?

Daniel Cormier said Friday at UFC 226 weigh-ins that a victory over Stipe Miocic will make him the best fighter in UFC history. That spot, per Cormier, will not belong to Jones, the former UFC light heavyweight champion. “DC” clearly referenced Jones in his speech with Joe Rogan.

Cormier, 39, will challenge Miocic for the UFC heavyweight title Saturday night here at T-Mobile Arena. He’ll walk into the cage as the UFC light heavyweight champion in the true superfight.

“It means everything,” Cormier sad. “I’ve said it from Day One. When I’m done with this, I will be remembered. And I will be remembered as the greatest fighter to ever step foot in the UFC’s Octagon. No cheaters included. I will be the greatest of all time.”

Cormier is definitely already in the debate for one of the best ever, win or lose. A victory over Miocic will increase his résumé tenfold. But Cormier still has one loss — to Jones. And the last time they fought, last year at UFC 214, Jones won by third-round knockout. That result was overturned to a no contest when Jones tested positive for a steroid.

Cormier’s record going into Saturday is 20-1 with that one no contest. The Louisiana native and American Kickboxing Academy team captain has beaten the likes of Anthony Johnson, Alexander Gustafsson, Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson, Josh Barnett, Frank Mir, Roy Nelson and more.

The best ever? Man, what kind of Kool-Aid is he drinking? I might want to try some.

Comment

Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson, Josh Barnett, Frank Mir.

Those guys were well past their primes when he fought them. I like Dan but he might be a bit tired from all the training if he thinks he's the best evah.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        The best ever? Man, what kind of Kool-Aid is he drinking? I might want to try some.
        Hey no need to be racist

Comment

Holy shit. Well, a statement was just made.

Comment

He won......

Comment

says alot about mma when a slob like dc is the goat

Comment

So happy for DC. One of the legit good guys in combat sports.

Comment

I have to admit it...I didn't think he could win but he proved me wrong. Good on DC...a huge win for him.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Stipe was just too big and too good.

DC was just much faster. He was cracking Stipe with lightning fast jabs. All that flab didn't seem to slow him down at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X