Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Wards Resume is better than Floyds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good question to ask. I like Floyd much better then Ward cant stand his style. But with Floyd who calls himself tbe it looks ridiculous now. The fact that someone is claiming Ward might have a better resume and some could make the case shows hes not even top 10. Floyd has no atg wins. A lot of old prime hofers but who has he fought that will be a top 50 fighter of all time? The only ATG fighter he has is Pac and he was washed by then. Some other fighters have loses but they have wins of fighters who are in the list of the best fighters in history.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      cotto was not better than kovalev when he fought floyd. kovalev was in his prime and you could make the argument that he beat ward and was among the very best p4p on the planet. cotto lost to austin trout in his next fight after floyd, and previously he'd beaten the great yuri foreman, a blind antonio margarito with no plaster, and the reanimated corpse of ricardo mayorga. prior to those three fights he was embarassed by pacquiao after shooting his wad early int he fight and then all but surrendering with all the backpedaling he did. and he still got the sh#t beaten out of him and took a deteriorating beating.

cotto was never the same after margarito 1. kovalev was still prime when ward got to him, and ranked a hell of a lot higher than cotto was when he fought floyd. facts, not opinions.
      Cottos resume is 100x better than Kovalevs ever will be.. He gave Canelo a good fight years after all those beatings as well. Kovalev beat a 50 year old dude and Pascal. Maybe he just wasn't all that, who knows. And, Andre Ward just never has impressed me at all. I don't see any special talent like when you watch a RJJ, FMJ, PAC type guy. He's a excellent fighter of course but he will be forgotten in 20 years while those guys will always be remembered

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        Ward went up in weight and beat a p4p fighter in his prime KOVALEV. Mayweather never beat a fighter in their prime as good and dangerous as kovalev while moving up a weight. FACTS. Canelo was the only one who comes close but he was weight drained and not as good as he is now.

Best wins.

Manny - Koed. Much smaller. Shorter reach and height. Huge physical disadvantage.

Mosley - Past prime.

De la hoya - way past prime.

Canelo - 21 and weight drained.

Corralles - not on kovalev's level and a walking corpse.
        Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Honestly I agree.

Floyd has big names, but Adnre NEVER ducked anyone in their prime. Kov, froch, kessler, berrera

Floyd bread and butter was fighting young inexperienced fighters, or old and out of prime.
        Floyd is the greatest fighter in history and its not even close. 80% of his resume is 15lbs bigger, due to him fighting out of his weight class. But his skills were so advanced, he made it look like they didnt even deserve to be in the ring with him.

Some of those fights shouldnt even be sanctioned. I mean really, Canelo was 165lbs and 22yrs old. Floyd was freaking 37yrs old and 150lbs. He WALKED DOWN his big ass and didnt get touched by a single punch. Imagine a 37yr old SRL facing a man that much younger and bigger, he would get killed in the ring. I have NEVER seen a fighter like Floyd in my life. And the guys he faced are tougher than the guys he didnt face, due to him getting older and being too small really.

Him in his prime vs Cotto and Margarita, isnt even comparably tough to him being too old and performing like THAT!? Insane.

In fact, their is not one single fighter in history that could be at his circumstantial disadvantages, ie weight, age, size, and perform THAT DOMINANT!????

Its amazing that he fought in my era. I like Ward, but if Floyd was his size, age, and fought the same men, Floyd would've made it look EASIER!!

Comment

5 division world champion 50-0 I think he beat 23 world champions. your excuses won't go down in history but floyds wins will

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Cottos resume is 100x better than Kovalevs ever will be.. He gave Canelo a good fight years after all those beatings as well. Kovalev beat a 50 year old dude and Pascal. Maybe he just wasn't all that, who knows. And, Andre Ward just never has impressed me at all. I don't see any special talent like when you watch a RJJ, FMJ, PAC type guy. He's a excellent fighter of course but he will be forgotten in 20 years while those guys will always be remembered

people genuinely don't understand why a p4p list isn't a resume. cotto's best years were well, well behind him by the time he fought floyd mayweather. he lost to austin freaking trout in his next fight, and was coming off of the terrible three wins i mentioned. prior to those three fights he was beat up viciously by pacquiao.

he was not as highly rated p4p as kovalev was when ward beat him, and he was not a bigger guy, either. a win over miguel cotto in 2012 is not equal to a knock out of p4p ranked kovalev in 2017. it just isn't.

Comment

The op is a ggg nuthugger and he's trying to draw attention away from the fact that GGG was proven to be overrated a.f.
              Last edited by Xi_; 09-25-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Floyd is the greatest fighter in history and its not even close. 80% of his resume is 15lbs bigger, due to him fighting out of his weight class. But his skills were so advanced, he made it look like they didnt even deserve to be in the ring with him.

Some of those fights shouldnt even be sanctioned. I mean really, Canelo was 165lbs and 22yrs old. Floyd was freaking 37yrs old and 150lbs. He WALKED DOWN his big ass and didnt get touched by a single punch. Imagine a 37yr old SRL facing a man that much younger and bigger, he would get killed in the ring. I have NEVER seen a fighter like Floyd in my life. And the guys he faced are tougher than the guys he didnt face, due to him getting older and being too small really.

Him in his prime vs Cotto and Margarita, isnt even comparably tough to him being too old and performing like THAT!? Insane.

In fact, their is not one single fighter in history that could be at his circumstantial disadvantages, ie weight, age, size, and perform THAT DOMINANT!????

Its amazing that he fought in my era. I like Ward, but if Floyd was his size, age, and fought the same men, Floyd would've made it look EASIER!!

when was this, in a fantasy land you made up on your own?

floyd couldn't make a welterweight catch weight against marquez and it cost hima f#ckload of money at a time when he had a lien on his income fro the IRS and was in a tough spot financially. floyd was a natural welterweight for well over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Ward's resume is lacking a signature win over an mma fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                    Disagree that Ward's resume is better. I do think Mayweather's resume while being excellent looks much better on paper than upon closer inspection. That said Kovalev doesn't outweigh all of Mayweather's work. Plus, I don't think Ward beat K in the first fight.
                    This is what a totally unbiased post looks like.

Take note race baiters/black power idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      Thats a good question to ask. I like Floyd much better then Ward cant stand his style. But with Floyd who calls himself tbe it looks ridiculous now. The fact that someone is claiming Ward might have a better resume and some could make the case shows hes not even top 10. Floyd has no atg wins. A lot of old prime hofers but who has he fought that will be a top 50 fighter of all time? The only ATG fighter he has is Pac and he was washed by then. Some other fighters have loses but they have wins of fighters who are in the list of the best fighters in history.
                      Someone could make the case but that doesn't mean it's valid. Heck, I can make a case that Lomachenko has a better resume than Golovkin.

That's like someone pulling an opinion out their butt and then claiming it's a fact. Which happens a lot on this site. I'm a fan of both Ward and Mayweather but which one do you think people will be talking about in 20 years?

Anyway this is just a lame attempt from a Golovkin fan to insert a wedge between "Ward" fans and "Mayweather" fans. I guess all the talk about Golovkin in steady decline is too much to handle.

Comment

Working...
                      X