Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: We Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abel said it himself, ggg went against the game plan

Canelo bullied a bully

Ggg face look tore up, and he ate body shots, canelo had his hand raised knowing he won, ggg looked worried and defeated smh

I thought he was supposed to be a monster?

I don’t wanan hear about age complaints now, they’ve always been 8 years apart, if they fought two-three years ago, canelo would have been too young and green then to take that physical punishment at that weight class, so this was never gonna be a perfect match up, which is why I always said “this was a forced match up to begin with, it was never necessary”

We don’t need a third fight, let the division move on, Charlo needs a shot in 2019

Ggg couldn’t even stay for a post fight interview? Damn he’s BIG MAD

Comment

The author of this article has blown a man before. Mark my words.

Queer as folk.

Byebye Muslim Borat XD XD
      Last edited by Bjl12; 09-17-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Very biased article. Only talks about what Golovkin did during the fight. Writers for other sports don't show this kind of bias that is rampant in boxing writers articles. Very unprofessional and misleads casuals into thinking what the writer wants them to believe.
        Robbie, are you unbiased ?

Only issue for me is that Golovkin won in the court of public opinion (both fights), but under the rules of boxing, he didn't win either, and that's a problem for the SPORT that I care about.

Boxing needs to align its results with the court of public opinion better for its own sake, and that's the only issue for me, whether its Golovkin, Canelo, Holyfield (Valuev), De La Hoya (Sturm), Pac (Bradley), Lewis (Holyfield), Whitaker (Chavez) etc etc

A system that continues to defy public opinion taints the sport and reduces its appeal. Its been going on for years, and that's the issue that should be getting our ire, not Golovkin or Canelo.

Golovkin is retiring soon and if you don't like him, you won't have to deal with his fights any longer. Ditto Canelo, he will be gone one day too. But the sport lives on, and that's the one that needs to be supported if its going to survive/thrive.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Robbie, are you unbiased ?

Only issue for me is that Golovkin won in the court of public opinion (both fights), but under the rules of boxing, he didn't win either, and that's a problem for the SPORT that I care about.

Boxing needs to align its results with the court of public opinion better for its own sake, and that's the only issue for me, whether its Golovkin, Canelo, Holyfield (Valuev), De La Hoya (Sturm), Pac (Bradley), Lewis (Holyfield), Whitaker (Chavez) etc etc

A system that continues to defy public opinion taints the sport and reduces its appeal. Its been going on for years, and that's the issue that should be getting our ire, not Golovkin or Canelo.

Golovkin is retiring soon and if you don't like him, you won't have to deal with his fights any longer. Ditto Canelo, he will be gone one day too. But the sport lives on, and that's the one that needs to be supported if its going to survive/thrive.
          So you want boxing to be like Xfactor?

The court of public opinion had Pacquiao beating Mayweather ffs.

In pro fighters opinion it was no robbery.
          Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 09-17-2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

No Surprises

Canelo's judges did a fine job once again. At least this time they were able to come away with the title for their employer. It's easy to see Canelo won this fight he didn't get knocked out. At least this time it was easier for the corrupt forces in boxing to steal a title. It was a close fight but does anyone really believe that as long as Canelo finished on his feet he was not going to leave with the title.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
              Canelo's judges did a fine job once again. At least this time they were able to come away with the title for their employer. It's easy to see Canelo won this fight he didn't get knocked out. At least this time it was easier for the corrupt forces in boxing to steal a title. It was a close fight but does anyone really believe that as long as Canelo finished on his feet he was not going to leave with the title.
              Judges Golovkins team basically chose?

**** one of them was a judge for the first fight and had Golovkin winning. GTFO with your stupid conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                So you want boxing to be like Xfactor?

The court of public opinion had Pacquiao beating Mayweather ffs.

In pro fighters opinion it was no robbery.
                Thus is the problem with attempted discussions like this, people making **** up. Mayweather won overwhelmingly in the media scoring and anywhere else you care to look. Opinionated pro-pac supporters may have vented, but no way is there anything of substance to support that pac won.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  not only did Abel Sanchez say that Canelo did enough to win, he also said Ward beat Kovalev
                  What sanchez actually said was that he thought his guy won, but he was biased etc etc. Away from computer at the moment but will dig out the exact words if they are important to you.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Thus is the problem with attempted discussions like this, people making **** up. Mayweather won overwhelmingly in the media scoring and anywhere else you care to look. Opinionated pro-pac supporters may have vented, but no way is there anything of substance to support that pac won.
                    Almost every poll on twitter etc had Pacquiao winning. When a fighter is more popular they are going to have more people saying they won. This is common sense. You want boxing to become a popularity contest by having the public decide the outcome. Pathetic.

Comment

... I remember that Chavez Jr. was a "cash cow" when Martinez (37 1/2 yo) beat him handsomely...

Comment

Working...
                      X