Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much higher will TRINIDAD had been ranked. If he didn't retire after B HOP. and

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tito vs. Mosley would have been legendary. He should have stayed around a little longer. Its what seperates him from some of the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
      catch weight.

Tito lost his mind though, he shoulda just cleaned 154

I honestly favor Tito to truely give Oscar a real legit beat down in a rematch if TITO just stayed at 154.
      Originally posted by Big_L View Post
      trinidad fought cherifi after hopkins. hopkins didn't want to give him a rematch. thats why he retired. he didn't just quit because he lost.
      That's the truth. Hopkins promised him a rematch but did not keep his promise. He might have beaten Hopkins in a rematch because he would have been 100% focused. Some relatives of Trinidad told me he was having serious problems with his wife over his daughter from another woman. He neglected his training and was not the real Trinidad for the Hopkins fight. He looked great in the Cherifi fight.

Comment

Hopkins beating Trinidad was a big deal. Everyone thought Felix was going to win that fight, and he he had beat Joppy to win the WBA MW title prior to fighting Hopkins. That was a great win for Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          yeah why does hagler get credit for beating hearns he was just a blown up big 147. And Duran? just a blown up big 130. What a bum losing to leonard. he was just a blown up big 147? And how about that bum cotto, margarito, hatton delahoya, mosley, he lost to a blown up bantamweight. Why does riddick bowe get any credit all he did was beat a blown up big cruiser weight in holyfeild. and don't even get me started on that bum larry holmes. he couldnt even beat blown up big 175.

DUNBAZZ
          I hate that to. It does not matter what a fighter started out at if they are good at the weight. Hopkins
          and Hagler were the best and everyone they fought were high rated middleweights regardless of what they used to fight at years ago. The size difference of 154 to 160 is pretty small anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            yeah why does hagler get credit for beating hearns he was just a blown up big 147. And Duran? just a blown up big 130. What a bum losing to leonard. he was just a blown up big 147? And how about that bum cotto, margarito, hatton delahoya, mosley, he lost to a blown up bantamweight. Why does riddick bowe get any credit all he did was beat a blown up big cruiser weight in holyfeild. and don't even get me started on that bum larry holmes. he couldnt even beat blown up big 175.

DUNBAZZ
            Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
            There is something that nobody has mentioned, perhaps because it was more evident here in Puerto Rico than anywhere else. While I understand that retiring after one loss may suggest a certain lack of character and heart, the problem with Trinidad was that he was very much controlled by his father/trainer. Several times his dad said that he would not train him anymore and Trinidad, immediately, decided to retire. He refused to even consider the idea of having a new trainer. I think this was one of the biggest mistakes Trinidad made. He could have switched trainers or, at the very least, try some new approaches offered by new personnel. He might have achieved even more great things.
            I think you are right. There were some great trainers who wanted to work with him.

Comment

would have loved to see him fight Mosley and Vernon Forrest

Comment

Working...
              X