Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much higher will TRINIDAD had been ranked. If he didn't retire after B HOP. and

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much higher will TRINIDAD had been ranked. If he didn't retire after B HOP. and

This is a good question I was asked. Trinidad

retired arguably in the prime of his career at age 29, after his loss to Hopkins.

The comebacks were too late, tbh and you can't just take a break like that. How much further could Trinidad had gone ? If he went back down to his 154 weight and just kept fighting until his mid 30's.

I was looking at the 'rankings' during the period of time Trinidad would have been 29-35 years of age. They were mostly Shane Mosley , Ouma, Phillips, Wright, Oscar, Vargas, Spinks.

I am confident, Trinidad could have taken all of them. (oscar and Vargas in rematches) **** he might even have caught Floyd in 06-07, but I highly doubt Trinidad would have made weight by then.
    at least 10-15 places higher on ATG charts then he is now
    33.33%
    A little higher on ATG charts
    33.33%
    It don't matter. Trinidad would never have beaten Mosley, Wright at 154, Oscar again
    33.33%
    GO ON TO BE UNDEFEATED, he is unbeatable at 154. Finish top 10-15 all time
    0.00%

The Roy Jones Jr fight would never have happened. I also honestly think Trinidad could beat Wright at 154 if Trinidad never retired after Hopkins and just kept fighting top competition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
      The Roy Jones Jr fight would never have happened. I also honestly think Trinidad could beat Wright at 154 if Trinidad never retired after Hopkins and just kept fighting top competition.
      I disagree, Wright was just a horrible match up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I disagree, Wright was just a horrible match up for him.
        Ya WRIGHT had a bad style for Trinidad., the big thing about Tito is that 1-he retired at age 29. and 2- he went up to MW.

People keep saying he was a legit MW. No he wasn't, he fought once at MW, then he fought Hopkins. I have no idea why people keep crediting Hopkins for beating a one fight MW guy who is just a blown up big 154...

Comment

I wish he'd have moved back down after losing to Hopkins. i think that fight ruined him though. There were awesome fights at 154 like Mosley, Wright, Oscar rematch, Vargas rematch, Forrest etc. Could have made a name for himself all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            I wish he'd have moved back down after losing to Hopkins. i think that fight ruined him though. There were awesome fights at 154 like Mosley, Wright, Oscar rematch, Vargas rematch, Forrest etc. Could have made a name for himself all over again.
            Agreed

Better yet if he never even went up lol. But he could have easily moved back down.

Not to trash Trinidad because he is one of my favorite boxers. But it shows a bit of lack of heart to just quit your career after one beating.

Comment

Beating a guy at 160 who'd been real beast at 154 is still worthy of praise in my book. Not massive praise, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                Beating a guy at 160 who'd been real beast at 154 is still worthy of praise in my book. Not massive praise, but still.
                ya for sure, Hops deserve credit but not as much credit as some people give him. Calling it a 'massive upset' because casual fans said 'tito was gonna win'

Casual fans also thought tyson was gonna ko lewis

Comment

Ya WRIGHT had a bad style for Trinidad., the big thing about Tito is that 1-he retired at age 29. and 2- he went up to MW.

People keep saying he was a legit MW. No he wasn't, he fought once at MW, then he fought Hopkins. I have no idea why people keep crediting Hopkins for beating a one fight MW guy who is just a blown up big 154...
                  I agree that Tito should have stayed at 154, that was an ideal weight for him but it seemed he just didn't want to struggle to make weight or something. However, I do think Hopkins beating him was a pretty big victory, I mean Tito looked pretty darn good against Joppy at MW just prior to the Hopkins fight.

Comment

Because in that one fight he destroyed the 2nd best MW at that time in 5 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X