Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Computer people who are familiar with Windows Server 2003!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Calling all Computer people who are familiar with Windows Server 2003!

This has to do with renaming Domains (forest domains that already have been promoted)

I posted this on a windows server forum, hoping someone gets back to me, but who knows.. I might find someone to help me here.. So here it is.

Ok.. So i've completed the project.. It was successful.. What I had to do is rename the domain without demoting it.. I did it and showed him, but now he says.. How to do it if it was connected to a Child Domain..

RootDC = ParentDC
    Hawaii = ChildDC

And this gets confusing now. I was in class today trying to figure this out. I did everything on the Parent DC and the Child DC.. Promoted and everything.. Ran the rename domain tool, and executed the rendom.exe through CMD.. Which gives me this XML file

(This is the script when you have the parent DC connected to the Child DC when you use Rendom /list in the CMD.) You get a Domainlist.XML file and it shows the following.

Photobucket

(Now this one below looks more simple.. Because its just one computer..)

Photobucket

Do you see the difference? I get confused in which part to edit, and when I edited the parts I was suppose to for one computer.. When I use the command to prepare the script, it gives me an error.. It says

(Reached the Child Domain (Which is Hawaii.Widgetscorp.com), but can't reach the RootDC (Which is the ParentDC which is RootDC.widgetscorp.com)

I don't know which one to edit first.. Can someone help me? If you need more info on what I must do.. Please let me know.. He gave me an extra week to complete this.. Any help would be highly appreciated!

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb405948.aspx

?

or perhaps theres a problem with dns maybe give it a flush

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5031949.html
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 04-06-2010, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I did all of that..

The rename process is done for one computer.. That's all it shows, but it doesn't say how to change the suffix of the ChildDC while connected to the ParentDC.

I tried editing the script, but all I got was errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
        I did all of that..

The rename process is done for one computer.. That's all it shows, but it doesn't say how to change the suffix of the ChildDC while connected to the ParentDC.

I tried editing the script, but all I got was errors.
        check out the second link it i posted above, it is very through maybe theres something in there that can help you.

Comment

Working...
        X