Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: We've Made A HUGE Offer To Deontay Wilder For A Fight With Dillan Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
    This is only to build up AJ vs Wilder.. Whye is good but not elite, he has heart and will bring it to Wilder. He'd be Wilder's best opponent yet and the lead up will be very entertaining.. might see a few tables fly.

I don't think Whyte will win but if he does then that's a massive UK unification against AJ. Win Win for Eddie Hearn.
    Yeah I can understand it. Whyte makes some cash in another high profile fight with some chance to win, Wilder gets exposure to UK audience and probably a big KO against an OK name. If Hearn can assure that the winner will fight AJ, then it's the perfect move from his perspective.

I'm just frustrated I guess because this will mean more fights against less than stellar opposition for Wilder. But if he ends up fighting AJ I'll get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
      If Wilder doesn't take this fight for 4 million then something is wrong. WBC won't care about Stiverne, sanctioning fee will more than cover their concerns about his mandatory. Wilder is ducking plain and simple.
      What if hes worried he'll get exposed by Whyte and that will cost him the mega payday against AJ.. He'd make much more against AJ so maybe hes gonna fight bums so he keep that 0 till he gets that fight.

Comment

If this offer is accurate & Wilder doesn't take the fight, I will be forever referring to him as Beyonce Wilder, as many already are doing.

Just had a quick reminder glance at Wilder's "Resume" & bar Stiverne, Dillian Whyte would be the best name on there IMO. Could make a point for Whyte being as good as Stiverne to be fair too. Arreola was well past his sell by date when DW fought him, and everyone else is gatekeeper level at best.

So he has 1 world class fighter (Stiverne) on there currently, and even that's pushing it.

Comment

Whyte is not better than a guy like Duahupus who people don't think highly of, Duhaupus better wins on his dossier. In no way is he a step up he is on the level of all the guys people complain about Wilder mashing. Whyte has no hope against Wilder, absolutely none.

If Wilder can take that fight and keep his belt he should do it, but the problem becomes then he has to fight Stiverne after, so either way it ends up Stiverne and Whyte which changes nothing for Wilder other than his bank account.

If he can't get Parker and Joshua is busy fair enough for Wilder to stay busy like that, since it really doesn't matter at that point (sure Ortiz is more of a challenge but what is the difference to most people between Ortiz and those guys they couldn't pick any of them out).

Wilder is plenty big in the US, on the most recent Showtime commercial, the only boxer shown was Wilder knocking out three dudes. If Wilder didn't matter or have any recognition Showtime wouldn't focus on him like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            What???? Have you looked at Wilder's record? Whyte & Bermane are steps up in my eyes to the overall resume. I mean Eric Molina lol. Washington. That Polish guy who made his gf have a stroke ringside when Wilder KO'd him into another dimension.

Bermane is easily the best guy Wilder has beaten & beating him again isn't anything to get excited about if we talking 100, but it does dress up his resume a lil more. And I think Whyte is one of the most overrated HW's in the game today (second to Ortiz) so while I think he's on that Eric Molina or Washington level more or less, he'll get respect for beating a guy so many cats are hyping.

Obviously thats Hearn's thought process here. I don't get why Hearn is so up on Whyte & specifically this rematch, but he is & thats for sure the goal.

My assumption is he's trying to stay in the HW business when Joshua gets too big & doesn't need matchroom anymore & maybe he'll have the guy with a close fight with Joshua or a win vs Joshua if somehow Whyte can do better the 2nd time around (I don't see it happening, but Hearn can dream).

But personally I think Joshua stays with Hearn for his entire career unless there is some big f#ckery moment that goes down at some point so Hearn has nothing to worry about. Although in fairness I know f#ck all about the UK boxing business landscape so I could be entirely off.
            I didn't mean to say that Wilder has been fighting stronger opponents than Whyte and Bermane. What I mean is that they don't really add all that much to his resume, and that I just wanna see him against an A-level opponent already. I understand that not all the obstacles are his fault but there is only so long you can ride that wave of sympathy ya know.

Whyte and Bermane are not bums but it feels to me like Wilder definitely beats both, which is getting kind of old.

I like Wilder. Every fight for him is a little risk that he gets outboxed or chinned and at any moment he could put the opponent out with one shot. It makes for fun TV honestly. But I want a unification already.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              I didn't mean to say that Wilder has been fighting stronger opponents than Whyte and Bermane. What I mean is that they don't really add all that much to his resume, and that I just wanna see him against an A-level opponent already. I understand that not all the obstacles are his fault but there is only so long you can ride that wave of sympathy ya know.

Whyte and Bermane are not bums but it feels to me like Wilder definitely beats both, which is getting kind of old.

I like Wilder. Every fight for him is a little risk that he gets outboxed or chinned and at any moment he could put the opponent out with one shot. It makes for fun TV honestly. But I want a unification already.

I would say Whyte is the exact same guy Wilder has been fighting, if those guys were terrible so is Whyte. there is nothing that distinguishes him as better than an average opponent of Wilder's run.

I not that Whyte would lose to all these guys but Washington, Duahupus, Szpilka or Molina would be tough nights at the office and he would catch some L's.

I like Wilder but if people are going to dog all those guys don't call Whyte different, because that is what dudes will be saying after the fight anyways or even once it gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Idk man. I think Wilder's first 30 odd fights were most Olympic guys first 10 fights. He's taken the slow road cuz he's had more to learn about boxing then most cats in a similar position. He was VERY raw. He still is pretty raw. So I actually feel like these lesser title fights he's been having have actually been steps up & guys like Bermane in a rematch & Whyte who's considered to be a top prospect/solid enough contender in most peoples minds are bigger fights for him. Its a gradual thing & he is being moved up gradually I feel.

Sh^t you got more faith in Wilder than I do. I thought that f#cking Polish guy was gonna upset him (during the fight, not before), I thought Washington was even or winning iirc. I think Wilder can & will lose to some Bermane & Whyte caliber guys in his career. He takes too many risks & he's too wild for him not to get deaded to some smart crafty guy with more refined boxing skills or just to some guy who can capitalize off of his wildness & risk taking sooner or later.

LOL right thats why he's one of my favorite guys to watch these days. He's kinda a poormans HW Gatti. Every fight is some boxing movie type of fight.

But sh^t man the unification fights are coming, but the landscape we have right now makes it impossible. Everyone else with a belt is out til 2018. Joshua is gonna have to fight Klitschko again &/or Pulev & Parker gots to fight Hughie Fury (how he's the mandatory I'll never know, W over Fred Kassi????) next. So the earliest Wilder can fight for another belt is probably 6-9 months from now depending on when these fights that are being mandated actually get scheduled.

Might as well make $4M & fight a guy a lot of people are hyping in the meantime. And I mean I wouldn't hate a Breazeale fight instead in the meantime which I think could be a FOTY type fight, but I'm sure it won't pay $4M or get him anymore respect as Whyte has a ton more hype than Breazeale right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Whyte has no hope against Wilder, absolutely none.
                  Thats crazy brother. Don't get me wrong I favor Wilder in the fight, but Wilder gots a high risk, high reward type of style & is maybe the most mainstream boxer with the worst boxing skill around today. He's HIGHLY beatable. And I'd bet everything I own ($72 dollars & 13 sweaters) that Wilder has some L's on his record to some rather average guys or non-exceptional guys maybe I should say instead, imo, like Whyte. when its all said & done with his career. Wilder isn't THAT good.

Comment

"I would say Whyte is the exact same guy Wilder has been fighting, if those guys were terrible so is Whyte. there is nothing that distinguishes him as better than an average opponent of Wilder's run.

I not that Whyte would lose to all these guys but Washington, Duahupus, Szpilka or Molina would be tough nights at the office and he would catch some L's.

I like Wilder but if people are going to dog all those guys don't call Whyte different, because that is what dudes will be saying after the fight anyways or even once it gets made."

Exactly!

Whyte is seriously overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                      Its reported Hearn has offered Wilder 4 million for that fight
                      Reported where?

Comment

Working...
                      X